chapter 34

2 years of MaNan ❤ update toh banta hai 😉

_______________________________

Nandini's sleep broke and she opened her eyes only to find her man staring at her with all the love. His head rested on his hand and elbow on the bed.

"Good morning" he wished tucking her hair strands behind her ear.

"Good morning" she smiled at him.

"Are you feeling better? Slept well?" he asked softly and she nodded.

"Itni achi neend toh pehle kabhi nahi aayi" she replied admiring him.

"Acha?" He raised his brow and she looked away realizing what she said as blush crept her face.

"Muje bhi" he whispered in her ear and placed a soft kiss below it sending shivers down her spine.

"I'm going to the hospital, if you need anything, just call me" he changed the topic not wanting her to get uncomfortable and she looked at him.

"Mein bhi chalu?" She asked and he looked at her for a moment before answering.

"Nandini, I think you should take rest. Tum jitna aaram karogi, tumhare liye acha hai. Rest is upto you, I don't wanna force you" he said calmly caressing her cheek.

"Manik" she cupped his face bringing him closer and kissed his forehead and he closed his eyes in reflex. "I'll do whatever you feel is right." She said smiling warmly and he smiled back.

"Please take care, and just inform me if you need anything. Please" he pleaded.

"I will." She promised and soon he left.

-----------

In the evening, fab 5 and Navya reached NavNi's place. Nandini was slowly descending the stairs when Manik went to her.

"Kya hua? Tum thik ho?" He asked worriedly forwarding his hand for her.

"Haan Manik" she replied as she placed her hand on his and saw him staring at her as if he knew she was lying. She sighed and told him the truth. "Woh bas pairon me thoda pain hai but no need to panic, I'm okay"

"But..forget it" he sighed and helped to the living area. The rest greeted her and they all settled down with Nandini sitting between Manik and Cabir on one couch.

Nandini noticed Manik fiddling with his fingers and sensed something was wrong.

"Manik" she placed her hand on his shoulder. "Kya hua?"

"Erm...the results..they.." He fumbled.

"Manik, don't hesitate and tell me everything." She demanded.

He sighed and turned to her holding her hands. He had to tell her. It was about her and she had the right to know everything.
"Nandini.." He began. "The results state that your bone marrow is weak. It's..damaged. You..you need to undergo a transplant" he informed, his gaze fixed on their hands. It was as though he had dropped a bomb on Nandini, as well as the rest, apart from Cabir. The duo hadn't disclosed it yet since they wanted to talk it out when Nandini was present.

"So..what..what next?" She questioned mustering her courage.

"The doctors have said that they'll check if there's any matching donor available, and if not then..we'll all go for the test. Yes, we'll go for it. The HLA test..to check if...if any of us have a matching tissue type and if our cells match with yours. And I'm sure, one of us will definitely have the same kind of cells"