chapter 9

Nyo: C'mon Manik, and wese bhi you guys do the best arrangements
Manik: but mom...

As they were discussing, Navya whispered to Nandini, "What's going on?"
Nan: How would I know?
Nav: Yeah right, how would you know
Nan: I think we should go, it's their matter, we can't just stand here listening to their conversation.
Nav: hmm, chalo.

Nyonika gestured Cabir to make him understand and he was thinking hard on how to convince his stubborn friend when he saw NavNi exiting the hall. An idea struck his mind and he shouted in excitement, "Nandini!"

NavNi stopped and turned while the others gave him deadly looks for shouting like this. But Cabir was least concerned about them and he walked towards Nandini.

Nan: bhai, what's wrong?
Cabir: you're helping us out in the arrangements!
Nan: what??
Cabir: yess!
Nan: par me kese..

He turned to the others and announced, "Guys, Nandini will also be there to help us"
He paid a close attention to Manik to see his reaction, and it was exactly as per he thought.
Manik's face lit up and he smiled.

Nandini held Cabir's arm and made him face her. "When did I agree?" she asked in a low tone.
"You had to agree Choti" he replied with a smirk.
Nandini raised her eyebrows, "And why is that?"
"I'll tell you later" he winked at her and went to the rest.

Before he could say anything, Manik spoke, "Ok fine, we'll do it"

Nyonika sighed, "Thank God!"
Mukti: par abhi to you were so stubborn that you don't wanna do it, achanak kya hua?
Cabir: Aree Mukti, ab hum sab ne isse itna samjhaya, toh he understood. Kyu Manik? (he looked at him with an evil grin)
Manik smiled, "Ha ha...tum logo ne itna samjhaya...so..yeah..I agreed"
Nyo: ok then, along with you five, (she turned to NavNi) I'll see you both too.
2pm!
They nodded and she went.

Navya and Nandini bid bye to fab 5 and left. While going Nandini texted Cabir.
N: You still owe an explanation bhai!
C: sure bhehna! See you tomorrow 😉

Cabir smirked and whispered to Manik, "Ehsaan faramosh! Thanks toh bol de"
Manik laughed and asked him casually, "Kyu? Any reason to thank you?"
Cabir looked at him in disbelief.
He then smiled. "Acha? Ok then..I'll tell Nandini she's not needed." With that he unlocked his phone but before doing anything Manik snatched it in a hurry. "Nahi sorry sorry!"

C: Sorry nahi, THANK YOU
M: ok fine! Thank you mere baap! (he joined his hands and bowed infront of him)

They looked at each other and burst out laughing.

----------------------

Sunday 2pm:
Malhotra Mansion:

Cabir parked the car and looked at the girls who were starting at the mansion through the windows.
"Yahi se dekhogi ya andar bhi chalna hai?"

N: You've still not told me
C: told you what?
N: why you said that I'll help
C: I've told you na I'll tell you later
N: aapka later kya next year aayega?

Navya giggled and Cabir said, "next year nahi, in the evening, ok? Ab chalo"

They got off the car and headed towards the house. The trio reached the doorstep and NavNi were mesmerized by the house. Nandini looked at Manik and saw him too busy in fixing the lights.

Mukti saw them and asked them to come in. They greeted each other and wished 'happy diwali'
Nandini spoke in a low voice looking at Manik, "the one who was stubborn is now so engrossed in his work"