chapter 22

Next morning:

Manik was sleeping peacefully in the guest room when Nandini came to wake him up after getting ready.

Nandini's POV

Aiyyapa! Ye jaagte waqt to acha lagta hi hai but how can someone look so adorable while sleeping?

Kitna cute lagraha hai, uthane ka mann hi nahi karraha.

But I have to wake him up, otherwise we'll get late for the hospital.

I hope he's fine after last night.

End of POV

Nandini went to his bedside and bent down blandly caressing his hair and he twitched slightly.

"Mumma 5 minutes please" he spoke sleepily and turned to the other side while Nandini smiled at his childish antics.

"Manik, mumma nahi mein hoon tumhari drama queen" Nandini said and he opened his eyes. Manik looked at her and she withdrew her hand standing straight.

"Good morning" she chirped. "Tum thik ho na?"

"Good morning, haan I'm perfectly fine" he rubbed his eyes and something struck his mind. He held Nandini's hand and pulled her on top of him leaving her perplexed.

"W..what..are..you doing?" She stammered trying to get out of his grip but it was of no use.

"Kya bola tumne? Tum meri ho?" He asked with a playful smile.

"M..meine a..aisa kab bola?" She looked here and there still struggling.

"Abhi abhi..you said tum meri drama queen ho..so..that means.." he teased and blush crept her face.

"Tumhare kaan bajrahe hai...chodo muje, and get ready fast..I don't want to be late" she tried hard to hide her blush and he smirked.

"Kaan toh bilkul thik hai mere, but I guess tumhe short term memory loss hogaya hai" he let out a chuckle as she glared at him.

"Manik leave me" she said and he left her laughingly.
"Make it fast" she ordered and went out leaving a smiling Manik behind.

---------------

"Just go and talk with him, jo bhi tumhare mann mein hai, woh kehdo" Nandini encouraged Manik when they reached the dean's office.

Manik nodded and knocked on the door. He was asked to go in and Nandini left from there wishing him luck.

"Good morning...dad" Manik greeted him hesitantly and Raj greeted him back.

"I..I wanted to talk to you" Manik said and Raj gestured him to sit on the visitor's chair.

Manik took his seat and took a deep breath to relax himself.
"Dad..I wanted to know if..Harshad's internship has been approved"

Raj shook his head. "No, not yet, why?"

"Can you please not approve it?" Manik requested and Raj looked at him.
"I..I mean, I don't want him to get admission here. Dad please don't let him spoil our lives..not this time"

Raj could see the pain in his son's eyes. He himself didn't want Harshad back.
"But..we have to give a strong reason for not having him approved"

"Reason? Seriously dad? Aap jaante ho na uske wajah se kya kya hua hai? And you being the dean, you don't owe anyone any explanation. Dad, mene iss baare mom se bhi baat nahi ki, I've come straight to you, with this hope that I can count on you this time. I can right?" Manik spoke his heart out.