Chapter Forty - Sickness

Hannah's P.O.V

''Luke...Where's Aiden?'' I asked confused.

Luke had rang my doorbell this morning, grinning like a fool and waiting for me to get into his car, but he hasn't been picking me up in ages...

Sophie was in the car, smiling kindly at me as she waited for us.

''He's sick.'' Luke told me simply, pulling on my arm to get me to walk a little faster.

''What do you mean he's sick?'' I asked, trailing behind him slowly.

''I mean he's sick, that's why you didn't see him all weekend, and that's why Mom wont let him go to school.''

My eye's widened. Why didn't he tell me? Men and their male pride...

''Is he okay?'' I asked Luke, climbing into the back seat of his car and smiling at Sophie briefly before looking at Luke expectantly again.

''I dunno.'' he said simply.

''What do you mean you don't know?'' I said, getting angrier that he wasn't telling me anything, and like his brother being sick was nothing.

He sighed. ''Hannah, I don't know. I haven't really seen him. Why don't you call him?'' he suggested, pulling out of the driveway and past his house again.

I stared back at his house, just hoping Aiden was okay. I mean, it was nothing, if it was that bad he would have told me, and Luke would have known, so it was fine...

But I still worried about him, I couldn't concentrate in class, my mind kept wondering. I was too in love with this boy.

Luke kept giving me quizzical glances all day, not understanding that my mind was elsewhere.

The bell finally rang for lunch so I sat in the cafeteria with Sophie and Abbey, and when the lunch patrol weren't looking I held my phone under the table, and quickly typed in a message.

Are you okay? xx – Hannah

He took a while to reply, and I was getting anxious waiting. I completely disregarded my lunch and stared intently at my phone for the next seven and a half minutes until his reply came through.

Fine babe, don't worry 'bout me. Eat your lunch xx – Aiden

I smiled down at my phone. Only he would know I wasn't eating my lunch. Only him.

I pushed my phone back into my pocket and munched on my yummy lunch until the bell rang, chatting happily with the girls and eventually Chuck, Michael and Luke when they came to join us.

I couldn't wait to get home and check on Aiden though, he would be mad with me fussing over him but I couldn't help it. I liked having someone to fuss over.

Luke dropped Sophie home on the way to his house, parking in his own driveway, presuming I would be coming in with him. Of course I was.

I followed him up to the front door and waited patiently until he unlocked the door. He walked strait up to his room, grunting at his mother when she greeted him. Typical boy...typical Harper boy to be precise.

''Hannah? What are you doing here?'' June asked happily, pulling me into a motherly hug.

I smiled and hugged her back. I hadn't seen her in about a week.

''I came to see if Aiden was okay 'cause apparently he's sick?'' I said, it came out more like a question and her smile vanished.

''I don't know what's wrong with him, it seems like a tummy bug but worse.'' she informed me. My eyebrows scrunched together, but I smiled on the inside at the thought of bad ass Aiden Harper having a tummy bug. How cute?