Chapter Ten - Party Time

At eight o'clock our guests began to arrive. I opened the door when the bell rung and was so shocked by all the people standing in front of me, in their costumes. I honestly didn't think anyone would dress up.

I stood back to let the shivering group of fictional characters in before I really looked at them. There was Abbey and Sam, arms wrapped around each other from the cold, Abbey was in a very tiny dress with big black and red ears – she was Minnie Mouse, and Sam was dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow, he looked great in his hat and boots. Michael and his girlfriend Rachael were dressed and Edward and Bella from twilight – How cute! And Chuck, well, I was a little surprised at since just this afternoon he hadn't gotten a costume yet. He had a pair of blue tights, red boots, a blue superman t-shirt on, a red cape and a big yellow belt, not forgetting the red pants he had on over his tights.

''What are you wearing?'' I laughed at Chuck when I saw him.

''I told you I'd get a costume.'' he smiled sheepishly. God he's such a child!

Luke came down after about ten minutes and the party started. More and more people started to arrive and before the first hour was through Luke's house was packed with drunken teenagers – it was awesome!

The music was thumping loudly and people were making out and grinding against each other all around. I was dancing happily with Abbey when I felt someone tap my shoulder. I turned around quickly to see Sophie, a sheepish expression on her face smiling excitedly.

''Hey Sophie! I'm so glad you made it!'' I said to her hugging her gently. She wasn't a good friend yet so I couldn't exactly bear hug her like everyone else.

''Hello,'' she answered quietly as she looked around the room. As she glanced around her I took the opportunity to admire her outfit. She was wearing a little purple tank top and a matching lilac too too, she had a pair of sparkly pink fairy wings strapped to her back and a pair of pink ballet pumps. She looked so cute! Her brown hair was curled slightly flowing gently around her face. She had no make-up on as per usual and looked so pretty! I wish I could look this pretty with ought make-up!

''You look really nice Sophie,''I bit my lip, not sure if I should say the next bit,''Luke will like it.''I smiled at her, not trying to embarrass her. I just wanted to give her a shove in the right direction.

She blushed at looked up at me beaming. God she really did like him.

Jeez Luke will kill me for this.

''Luke!'' I shouted over her shoulder. She turned so fast I didn't really even see her do it. Her face turned back to mine again just as fast as it left and she looked at me with pure horror in her eyes. She flushed an unreal shade of red and looked down at her toes.

Luke walked over not realising my plan. ''Yeah?''he asked as he got to my side.

''Sophie wanted to say hi.'' I said casually as I looked at my nails. Her head shot back up from her toes and she smiled sheepishly. Luke seemed to be blushing too and he just smiled back.

''Hi...''She said awkwardly, but not as quiet as usual, this was an improvement!