Chapter Twenty Five - New Years

''Come in!'' I shouted as I heard a loud knock to my bedroom door. I was standing in my new purple dress, in a nice pair of matching small heals with my hair done nicely in soft curls down my back, and my make-up done as professionally and naturally pretty as I could manage. I was just looking in the mirror, checking I looked okay as I went over my mental check list for Abbey's New Year's Eve party tonight.

Luke swagged in, in his dark, tight jeans and grey button shirt, looking hansom as ever with his hair gelled carefully. He was trying to look his best tonight, for he planned on telling Sophie he loved her at midnight. How cute? He looked a little nervous, like he always was with Sophie. I wonder if she realises, that she, Sophie Campbell, shy, quiet and unpopular girl, has Luke Harper, 'totally gorgeous', popular, loud and outgoing boy, WHIPPED with a capital WOOPAA!

''Hey.'' he said as he threw himself down onto my bed to wait for me.

''Hey Luke what took you so long?'' I asked. He was supposed to get here like fifteen minutes ago.

Luke blushed.''...I was doing my hair.'' he said, smiling sheepishly.

''Oh how butch!'' I joked. Luke got really embarrassed about people questioning his masculinity, it was endearing! I knew he was NO WHERE near gay like, it's just...he's quiet emotional, and a lot more romantic and in touch with his feminine side. I guess that's why we're such good friends. Hey, maybe that was my fault...

Speaking of gay...neither of us have heard from Michael or Chuck. They've been avoiding us like the plague, and not answering texts or calls. I wonder if they ever sorted that whole with out?

Luke scowled up at me from the bed and playfully stuck out his tongue.

''Look tonight is important I can't help it!'' he said defensively.

''I know! I know! I was only joking! Jeez! Keep your panties on!'' I smirked, oh how evil I was...

''Don't make me get you 'cause you know I will and I will just end up ruining your dress.'' Luke warned. Okay yeah, I don't want to ruin the dress.

''Okay, truce?''

''truce!''

We laughed together as I lifted up my purse from the night stand and Luke stood up, following me out my bedroom door and down the stairs.

''By Dad! By Kieran!'' I called loudly on my way out the door. I shivered slightly and hugged my arms around my body. The snow had stopped falling now after Christmas, but the nights were still just as cold.

I rushed to Luke's red car, hoping the passenger seat quickly and buckling up. Luke soon joined me in the drivers side and started the engine, tearing down the streat and towards Abbey's party. Luke had originally wanted to pick Sophie up and bring her, but her mother had already made plans with her for this evening, so she said she would just get her to drop her off on the way home and then Luke will bring her home tonight...or should I say tomorrow morning...after midnight anyway. Unless...OH MY GOD...

''Luke I have a question!'' I squeaked excitedly.

Luke turned his attention from the dark street to me, giving me a sceptical look.

''Why do I get the feeling I'm not going to like the question?''

''Because you're not now just shut up and answer it.'' I told him.

''Fine what is it?'' he asked.

''Do you think that tonight...you and Sophie will eh... you know?''

Luke almost swerved the car off the road as his eyes bulged wide and he looked at me in horror.

''Hannah no! What are you even talking about!?'' he shouted, outraged.