Part 60-The Engagement

The Engagement

Re-cap:
She smacks her lips into his, giving him a tight smooch! She then pulls away before she got lost in the kiss and looks back at Maan who was batting his eyes slowly over what just happened as she ran away. She suddenly gasps seeing him lick his lips with his tongue and she turns around blushing away into the house.

****************************************************
The warm sunrays were sneaking through the window hitting against Geet's face. She had a sweet smile on her face. She was twisting lovingly, swirling and scrunching the cover sheets beneath her fingers. She slowly starts to open her eyes and for a couple seconds just bats her sleeping eyes, trying to get adjusted to the light. She stretches and flexes out her arms and stands up when she sees a bouquet of red roses on her dresser.
As she walks towards it her heart was already skipping a beat.

"Beautiful red flowers, for a beautiful woman. Just wanted to say, " I love you" on this special day. I am not a poet but I will give it a shot.
Roses are red, violets are blue. These lips can't wait to be kissing you!"

Geet giggles, biting her lip as she reminisces the taste of his lips around the edges of her lips. Then she twirls the card and glass vase of roses smiling like a crazy fool. Geet stops and continues to read.

"I bet you're smiling. How I wish I was there to see your sweet smile. I have some errands to run. Don't miss me too much jaan. I will be there before you know it.
Love you, Tumhara Maan."

"Dusht Danav" Geet mutters to herself as she lies against the bed.

"If you do things like this, then how can I stay mad at you? Hmph!" Geet kisses the card and so ever softly utters, " I love you too Maan", then hugs her pillow trying to control the tingling sensation running through her.
Today was their engagement day! A special day indeed!

*****************************************************
Geet was looking ravishing. The girls continued to tease her and she just blushed. She had no idea who these girls were. She had imagined this day a little differently. She had imagined herself around her own friends and family teasing her. But she didn't let that break her. If God had taken that small dream of hers, he gave her and even better dream- her Maan. Maan was her life now, nothing else mattered. She only wished he was here with her right now.

Just then she gets a call. "Hello" she says weakly.

"Don't tell me Maan singh khurana isn't giving you the attention you deserve on your engagement day. Is that why you sound a little down?", someone teased over the phone.

Geet's eyes enlarge with shock and she excuses herself from the girls.

"Omg Romeo! Oh gosh I can't believe it's you."

"Missed your old friend that much? Awwwhhh. Don't I feel special."
Geet:

"Shut up! I am so mad at you. Why didn't you answer any of my calls! Maan told me what you did. I didn't even get to tell you how thankful I am and how much you mean to me."

"I didn't know my ladoo is so sensitive and emotional. Maybe its because it's your special day and you feel extra sentimental. Maan called and told me about your engagement. "

"oh now I get it. I thought you were my close friend. Looks like you switched sides after he punched you hain na? You answer his call but not mine. Go! I don't need you! Hmph!" Geet pouted.

" okay baba I am sorry. To be honest I had some unfinished business to take care of" he says looking to the person beside him. He looks away and says, "I will be there soon. Promise" and hangs up the phone.