Part 42-Love Torments

Part:42- Love Torments

"You miss me" geet says directly looking inside his eyes sending shock waves inside Maan hearing those words and snapping him out of his compulsion.

Geet: toh phir kyun yeh dooriyan maan?

Maan lets go of geet as the realization hits him hard. He slowly turns his back away.

Geet: You love me maan. You love me!"

That Maan already knew, but hearing it out load and from Geet had a different and stronger affect on him almost making him surrender. He turns around and the ugly truth comes back slamming back to him. There was no Geet to be found. His legs go limp and numb from the immense pain he was feeling and he just falls on his knees. What he saw was his mind playing tricks on him again and he was the fool to fall it again and again.

***************************************************************************

He feels a hand on his shoulder, but he was too disoriented and worn out with the battle within himself to give a response.

" Bro what are you doing? Why are you sitting in the rain?" Vicky softly mutters now kind of feeling guilty for putting his brother through this, but it was the only way to make him realize he can't live without Geet.

Still no movement or response, which was now making Vicky a little concerned and worried.

"Bro" Vicky says shaking him a little to make him snap out of it.

Maan finally responds by getting up and walking soullessly away from everything.

"Bro! Wait! kaha ja rahe ho?"

Nobody could realize what immense pain and battle Maan was going through at the moment. He could still picture her accusing and piercing eyes telling him " You love me" which just kept lingering in front of his very own eyes. He was in no state to respond to anything or anyone. He just needed to be alone to deal with this pain.

After receiving no response Vicky screams out, " Maan bhaiya!" unleashing the inner anger of Maan. The last thing he needed was another person to scream at him, but Vicky was trying to get Maan to snap out of it never intending to be rude.

Maan turns around and holds him by the collar, " I AM GOING TO GO BURN AND ERASE HER FROM MY MEMORY SAMJHAY TUM", he screams.

" If you want to help me than tell me how to get her out of my thoughts Vicky. She tormented me when she was here and now even when she is gone from my life forever she still...continues to....torment me" maan whispers the last part in pain.

Vicky: There is no remedy for it...tum badal gaye ho bhai and there is no turning back. Take it from someone who has been through it. Once someone has stolen your heart it is almost impossible to find and get it back.

"I don't love her!" he says in a loud voice, but was he trying to tell that to Vicky or to his heart? Maybe if you repeat the same lie again and again you will start to believe in it and that was the same tactic Maan was using to ease the immense & pitiable pain he was dealing with.

"I. Don't. Love. Her!" he glaringly says and turns to leave.

Vicky calls out, " Geet Sam nahi hai!"

"Sam...Sam...Sam" ringed through his ears. He heard her name after 4 years! His fists started to curl and shake uncontrollably. Nobody dared to bring her name in front of him, but Vicky made the mistake again. He turned around giving him the death stare with his piercing pain struck eyes.

Vicky stumbled back a little as he was taken aback at the intensity of Maan's rage and anger, but he had to do this.

"Why punish yourself? Forgive yourself bro and move on!"

Maan fists uncurl and he closes his eyes in anguish. What was he doing? Didn't he say that he would never hurt Vicky or others in his life because of Sameera.
He opens his eyes and just leaves....or more like ran before he let his anger get the best of him.

Vicky sighed and left him leave. He thought it is best if he calmed down a little. He was in no state to even listen to himself let alone other people.

As he walks back toward the office he notices Geet blankly staring in the air clutching her sari.

Vicky couldn't tell if she was angry or hurt, maybe even both. But Geet didn't hear anything about Sam. Geet's heart almost felt like it stopped beating hearing Maan's piercing words about herself. She decided not to listen anymore and so she didn't...not allowing herself to weaken anymore.

Vicky: If I were you I wouldn't believe in any of those words. Don't take it to the heart. We gave him a lot of dose of pain and he took all of his pain out in anger. That is not new for us that is who Maan is. Don't worry he will come around just give him some more time.

" I know you are right, and that is what I am trying to tell myself...
but still once a person gets hurt and the wound heals a scar is left hai na?
Same with me...right now I am trying to heal myself from those harsh words and I am left with only a scar" geet says in a monotone.

Vicky: Geet...

"Those words have left its mark, but it will just be a reminder..
A reminder that I will need to fight back harder in order to win. Who has ever won a battle unscathed Vicky?

Today was just the first battle and people might say it was a draw because both sides got hurt, but I think I won this first battle. The fury in maan is only because it is getting harder for him to run away from the truth and by raging and screaming out the truth doesn't go away either.

Vicky: You scared me for a second there. I thought you actually believed his words that he doesn't love you. You are very strong Geet. You have been through a lot, but that which was your weakness has now become your strength.

"It will take much more than that to completely weaken me. Today was just a small battle tomorrow I will initiate my second plan" She says with sheer determination.

*********************************************************************

It was almost past midnight and Maan was still working out and performing his tai chi.
Three hours non-stop. His heart was not the only thing aching, every fiber and cell in his body were as well, but nothing could stop him.