Part 43- Secretary or Girlfriend?

Part: 43- Secretary or Girlfriend?

Maan kept on looking at her, but he couldn't recognize her at all.
Maan's attention breaks from Pari when the lights dim and he starts to get this known feeling that she was here. He felt her somehow... and his heart started to flutter a little.

He unknowingly mutters, "Geet".

***********************************************************************

Few Valet drivers and guards started to chuckle and laugh a little seeing a taxi park right outside the hotel, but were quickly silenced with the beauty that walked out. She gives them a friendly smile when one guard stutters,"aa.aa.aap k..k..kaun hai?"

"Mein Mr. Maan Singh Khurana ki.. " she didn't get to finish her sentence when she gets cut off.

Guard: Oh my God. We are totally sorry Ma'am. Please excuse our rude behavior. Please Madam.

She was confused she didn't hear them laugh at her, but the guard thought that she might have had.

"Bhai saab it is okay. Don't worry", she says trying to ease some of their worry off and then walks in.

The guard quickly makes a call.

"Maan Singh Khurana's girlfriend just walked in the hotel and we kind of messed up so please give her such an entrance where she forgets our mistake... do it fast" the guard cuts the phone and walks in to make sure he does not lose his job.

*************************************************************************

She walks inside the hotel and was about to ask a hotel employee, which room the party was being held at when someone called her out, " Madam let me show you the way".

She gives him a nod and follows him. He opens the door for her, and the lights dim. Everyone including Mr. Chopra gets perplexed.

She looks at the guard " Are you sure it is this room?".

Guard: Haan Madam it is this room and everyone is waiting for you so go down the stairs at this moment.

She takes a deep breath and takes a step down the stairs, where the spot light falls on her. The butterflies in her stomach started to increase with every step that she took, especially when everyone, men and women were staring at her.

Mr. Chopra: Wow Mr. Khurana you two have become really close where you can even tell she is here without her even walking through the doors yet. I knew from the beginning that aap dono ki jodi bohot kamal ki hai!

Only one head snapped up, not Maan but Pari's. He was her father, but he couldn't see that Maan is the guy of her dreams. Pari looks over at Maan and was burning more in jealousy.

Maan was lost in admiring Geet... lost in her beauty.. in her trance. She looked different in the black strapless dress, but very sexy..

He was so lost that he didn't even mind the compliment that Mr. Chopra gave. His body starts to move him closer to her. He was no longer in control.

People started to mutter between themselves. One person said "Yeh ladki kaun hai? Wow she is gorgeous. I have never seen her before."

The guard had gone another way and heard his question "Don't you know she is Maan Singh Khurana's girlfriend. Look he is even walking over to her.

His mouth dropped open for two reasons. One she was taken and two Maan Singh Khurana has a girlfriend!!!!

Word spread in seconds like a forestfire especially juicy news like this.

Geet nervousness and jitters vanished in a second when she saw her Prince Charming... her Raj Kumar of her dreams coming towards her. He may not have royalty running down his blood, but God sure has given him the looks of one.

Her eyes scanned him from every angle... his mesmerizing rich hazel eyes down his manly stubble to his kissable lips. They meet at the center the spotlight on both, intensely gazing within each other's eyes, Geet forgetting her plan and Maan forgetting to keep up his pretence. Photographers kept their distance but did not lose such an opportunity to take their pictures. The flashing lights brought Geet back to reality in which she just walked away from Maan without giving another glance.

The media and other people were confused but also a little curious on what was going on between them. Women were seething in jealousy. Everyone was amazed and baffled at how Maan let a woman act like that towards him. This was a relationship and gossip and the media did not want to miss out on.

Maan started to feel cold air. The warm air that he was surrounded by Geet's aura was missing as she took her steps away from him. He looked on baffled at his surrounding as he snapped out of his trance. It took him a couple of seconds to register that " Geet is real. She is here", he muttered under her breath.

*********************************************************

He looks over to his side and sees Geet walking up to Mr.Chopra and he also started to go in that direction.

Geet: Hi Mr.Chopra thank you for inviting me to your party. I am really honored.

Maan got another shock. She was invited too?

Mr. Chopra: The pleasure is all mine and it is the least I can do for the amazing teamwork and effort you have put into this project.

Pari purposely clears her throat. " Oh let me introduce you to my daughter Pari".

Geet stretches out her hand and says, "Hi".

Pari shakes her hand and replies, " It is great to finally meet the girl who stole Mr. Maan Singh Khurana's heart" she said eyeing maan the whole time.

Geet's heart felt like it skipped a few beats. It felt great to hear this from another person.. For her name to be paired with Maan Singh Khurana's. She turns her head and looks over to Maan who kept on getting a shock after shock, but he was looking at her with some sort of feeling at least there was no anger.

Geet breaks the eyelock by replying, " Girlfriend nahi... sirf secretary." Drop-dead silence surrounded the air.

People didn't know to believe it or not. The media were saying, " Are they trying to cover up their relationship so we can give them privacy or something?"

Even though this was the truth it still hurt Maan hearing the iced and cold way Geet said it. " I have yet to meet the women who can melt their way into his sealed heart," she says with her piercing eyes.

This was like live reality tv. Media came up to them pouring questions after question.

Media: Are you saying that you are attracted and have feelings for Mr. Khurana, but he doesn't for you?

Media: If Mr.Khurana has rejected you then how do you still work beside him as his secretary?

Media: Are you really just Boss and secretary or just trying to hide your love from the world?

Geet didn't answer she was just looking at Maan, who with every question started to boil more in anger. Mr. Chopra just watched them not knowing what to do or say.

"BASSS" he roared in pain masked in anger!

--------------------------
Pre-cap:

" Theek hai jaise aapki marzi", geet says before turning around and smiling at how she won this second little battle.

Geet to herself: Now I will see how you will stay away from me Maan.

-------------------------------
Hit the vote button if you liked the update and do comment plz...

-Divya :)