Part 58- Sweet Revenge

He looks up at her , " What I don't even get a kiss? Not even after your torture session at the breakfast table? " nope! We are already late...  daadima is waiting for us" she giggles away up the stairs. Maan looks up at the sky, " Geet ke babaji.... you are laughing at me and enjoying aren't you! Sigh!" he says going up the stairs but a naughty sexy smirk comes on to his face, " Mrs.Zaalim Khurana.... time to meet Mr.Zaalim Khurana. You are going to pay sweatheart" .

**********************************

Part 58~ Sweet Revenge

Geet walks inside her closet turning the lights on. She lifts her finger scanning through the outfits, not being able to make up her mind.
Another red salwar suit attracts her interest she lifts out of the rack with a smile, but then she stops herself. "I always go for red as it's my favorite color, but for the first time in my life I want to wear the color that makes someone else happy.''

She smiles as she softly mummers, " someone very close to my heart" not being able to help herself from blushing and biting her lower lip in the process.

Just when she was about to look for another outfit the lights turn off and the closet door closes shut.Geet turns around quickly but all she saw was pitch-black darkness. She wanted to scream for Maan, but her fear of darkness made her lose her tongue. She closes her eyes and from the bottom of her heart she calls out to Maan.

"Geet", she heard his faint whisper. "Maan", she almost yelps for him opening her eyes searching for him in the darkness.

Yet he was nowhere to be found. She had imagined it she thought to her dismay. Even if she had imagined it, his voice was so soothing. Knowing he was with her, even if he was part of her imagination made her forget that she was surrounded by darkness.

She closes her eyes again. "Geet", she felt him whimper right past her right ear in his sexy baritone voice. Her breath hitches and a sweet smile plays on her lips. Not wanting to break the moment she keeps her eyes closed.

"Maan" she whispers back.

"Do you love me Geet?", he whispers back.

"I do", she retorts back feeling the hotness in her cheeks.

" Prove it", he huskily whispers this time his lips brushing against her ear lobe making her suck in her breath sharply.

"How?"

"If you open your eyes and you see or hear me than I will know that with eyes open or closed you only see me. I will know you love me, because my presence... my love will consume over you, and over your fear of the darkness. Are you ready Miss Geet Handa?"

"Maan please! NO! I can't do this. Don't make me open my eyes. I'm scared of the dark. I am only imagining you. If I open my eyes you won't be there."

"Geet, On the count of three you will open your eyes." "Maan please. Don't make me do this... I-- "

Maan interrupts her and starts the counting.

"One!"

" Maan Please" she pleaded.

"Two!"

" The darkness will consume me", she murmurs holding back her tears.

"Three!"

" Maaan", she screams a short yelp opening her eyes and skipping a heartbeat or two for the fear of drowning in darkness... this darkness which has always given her the fear of life.