"I can barely move." I complained as I did a mix of the cha-cha slide and hold the roof up while walking down the stairs.

"Sometimes pain comes with beauty."

I shot her a dirty glance.

"Are you going to give me any help?"

"Nah, it's kind of funny to try and watch you attempt to get down the stairs."

"Celeste."

"Fine." She put her hands up in surrender. "I'll help you. If you can hop down the stairs it would be easy."

I sighed. "I'll try."

I readied myself, and took a deep breath. I would need truck loads of luck just to not trip and fall.

"I hate dresses." I muttered under my breath before I took the first hop.

And surprisingly, it worked.

"Wow, I didn't fall. This is a great accomplishment."

Celeste snorted. "Try walking with heels on a grate."

I rolled my eyes and continued to hop my way down the stairs, until I finally was on the first floor.

"I am a survivor!" I threw my hands up in the air. "If I could kiss the floor, I would do it, except this dress barely lets me walk, much less kiss the floor."

"You can be such a drama queen." Celeste muttered as she walked past me and into the kitchen.

"Sure, and you're Pablo Picasso." I said to her, walking into the kitchen after her.

"Just because I don't have any artistic ability doesn't mean you have to rub it in." She shot me a evil glance, and I shrugged.

"Actually, it kind of does."

"Whatever. Don't you have a prom to get to?"

"Yeah. Are you sure you don't want to come to prom? It's a once in a life opportunity." I looked at her for a moment.

Celeste never liked big crowds, unless it was about soccer. Then she was all in.

"Yeah. I don't do dances, or dresses. Anyways, I'm going to go check in on your mom tonight."

The smile that was itching it's way onto my face vanished.

"Make sure she's okay." I whispered, and lowered my head so I was looking at the bottom of my dress.

"Harp, don't you dare go and be sad before your big night. She'll be okay, and you're going to go have fun. Okay?" Her eyes flashed with an emotion I couldn't place.

I smiled at her. "You're making it seem like it's my wedding day."

Celeste smiled back. "Don't you have pictures to take?"

My mouth dropped into an o.

"Oh gosh, I have to go. Talk to you later."