Chapter Twenty Seven

8 May 2007 – Tuesday

Burkesville, Kentucky

Jillian Cranfield smiled at Damien across the table.

 “Are you sure?”  He asked.

She nodded.

 “We can do it on Friday.  If you are definitely sure.”

 “I’m sure.  I want him so badly.”

Damien sighed, “Even though you know what he is?”

 “I’m sure.”  Jillian giggled.

Damien groaned.

Jillian swiped her access card and glanced at Damien behind her.  He wore black and looked gorgeous.  Even at fifty-one, he kept in shape and looked after himself.  She liked Damien, she was attracted to him, but Eliot excited her.

They moved through the darkened wards until they came to the next swipe door.  She knew her card would be recorded, but no one would check that until tomorrow.  By then she and Eliot would be gone.

Jillian came up to Eliot’s door and swiped her card again to unlock the door.  Damien held it open while Jillian went in.

Eliot was ready and waiting.

Jillian quickly embraced him, and he kissed her cheek.

No one talked as they left, locking doors behind them.

The three of them reached the car park and got into Jillian’s car.  Eliot lay down in the backseat and Damien threw the blanket over him.

 “Don’t make a sound, or I will cut both your hands off.”

Eliot didn’t move.

Jillian was giddy as she drove out of the car park and headed for the motorway.

Angellica hung up the phone, frowning.

 “Who was that?”  Mike asked.

 “The hospital.”

He looked confused.

 “Eliot escaped on Friday night.”

 “What?  How could this happen?”

 “That Jillian woman and some other man went through and got him out.”

 “His psychiatrist?”

Angellica nodded, looking down at Niah as she crawled under the kitchen table and sat at her feet.

 “The police have been notified?”

 “Of course.  They have no idea who the third person was, but are investigating police records as we speak.”

Mike shook his head.  “That’s scary.”

 “I don’t expect anything to come of it; surely he wouldn’t be stupid enough to turn up here.”  Angellica mused.

Mike stared at her and Angellica stared in return.

They both laughed, Angellica a lot more shakily than Mike did.

 “Come on; let’s go out for a while.”  He said.

Angellica nodded and stood.  She picked up Niah and followed Mike to the stockyards.

Jewel spotted Mike and Angellica first and headed over to them.  She frowned.  “You need to find another horse master, this guy is a complete idiot, he just doesn’t learn.”  She moaned.