Chapter Nineteen

22 May 2000 – Monday

Richmond, Kentucky

One month later, Angellica sat in front of Oliver Tarson.

Neither of them spoke.  They stared at each other.

Angellica started to smile.

Oliver smiled in return.

 “Thank you very much Mr. Tarson.” She said formally.  “You have made me an extremely rich woman.”

 “No problem.” He replied. “I have also made a tidy profit from our business venture.”

They both laughed, and he stood.  Oliver held out his hand over his desk.

Angellica waved it away. “I think we are well past that stage in our relationship.”  She stepped around the desk and wrapped her arms around him.  He returned her embrace.

Azhure sat in her chair and looked at Caelum.  They shook their heads at each other smiling.  She would never understand adults.  Why were they laughing, crying and dancing at the same time.  All her mother had told her was they had come into some money.

Caelum knew the same amount as Azhure, but still had a true childlike quality about him and knew that his mother and Oliver were enormously happy.  

Angellica stepped back from Oliver.  “Shall we get down to the paperwork?”

 “Indeed.”

They sat back in their respective chairs.  Azhure and Caelum on each side of Angellica.

Oliver opened the file in front of him.  “Do you want the details?”  He asked.

Angellica scoffed, “Are you serious?”

He laughed.  “The current balance in the trust account, which is now open for you to use, is.”  Oliver pushed the paper over to Angellica and she looked at the number.

$25,595,802.72.

Angellica sat back in her chair and looked at Azhure.  “Twenty five million, five hundred and ninety five thousand, eight hundred and two dollars,” She paused to laugh, “and seventy two cents.”

Azhure stared at her. “Did you just say million?”

 “Twenty five and a half million dollars.”  Angellica confirmed.

Caelum looked confused.  “That’s a lot isn’t it?”

Angellica laughed.  “Yes.  It is a lot.”

Later, after Angellica and her children had left Oliver tried calling Nadia, his own daughter.

 “She doesn’t want to talk to you.”  Cynthia said over the phone.

 “Why?” He asked.

His estranged wife laughed cynically.  “Why do you think?”  

 “What have you said to her?”

 “I told her you’re not coming home.”

 “What?  Why would you say that?”  Oliver demanded.   “Have you gone mad?”

 “You’ve driven me mad.”  She said. 

 “Who’s that?”  Nadia asked from the background.

 “Santa.”  Cynthia replied to her daughter.  “Got to go.”  She said to Oliver.

 “Is that Dad?”  Nadia asked.

 “Let me talk to her.”  Oliver said.

 “Can I talk to him?”  She said, at the same time.