Chapter Twenty Three

13 January 2006 – Friday

Burkesville, Kentucky

A knock on the door made Adam jump away from Angellica.

She fell against the desk, bumping the glasses together, “Yes.”  She called out, and licked her lips.

Mike opened the door and poked his head through.  “Sorry to interrupt.  Just letting you know Azhure took the old Toyota and I have her on the GPS.”

Angellica nodded.  “Thanks Mike.”

 “Do you need anything else from me today?”  He queried, glancing at Adam.

Angellica checked her watch.  Seven thirty.  “No Mike, you head home, I will see you on Monday.”

He nodded.  “Have a nice night.”  He said to them both.

 “You too.”  They said in unison.

Adam laughed.

Mike ducked out the door and closed it gently behind him.

Angellica sighed, “Would you like a tour?”  She asked, not wanting to continue where they had been, but desperate to be in his arms again.

Adam nodded.  “I would love one.  I’d love to see what twenty-five million dollars could get me.”

She laughed mockingly, “The house was only 1.2 million.”

Adam tossed his head back and laughed heartily.  “Well, let’s go see what I can get for that then.”

Angellica nodded.  “You have seen my office.”  

He nodded, then oohed and ahhed.

 “Don’t be juvenile.”  She snapped, and stepped through the door into the hallway.  Adam followed her. 

She moved to a set of screens set on the outside wall of her office next to the stairs. “This here is the GPS.  Both of the kids have tracking chips in their cell phones so I know where they are all the time.”

 “That’s a bit over board isn’t it?”  He questioned her.

Angellica looked out of the corner of her eye.  “You have never met Damien, for lack of a better term, he’s a psycho.”

Adam nodded solemnly.

As they walked through the house, Angellica explained everything to him.  From the choice of the dark burgundy carpet.  The white walls and ceilings.  The paintings and decorations she had chosen and why.  

The sunroom opposite her office was their main living area.  With the floor sunken and window seat fully surrounding the walls it looked warm and cosy with the burgundy curtains and black furniture.  They went through the dining area, which was very open and had huge hanging lights.  The dining table was mahogany and looked heavy with eight seats neatly pushed in and fresh flowers in a vase.

They stopped in the kitchen for Angellica to prepare some dinner.

Adam stood leaning against the island bench watching her move and walk around the kitchen.  He drank in the sight of her.  He watched the movement of her hips, the slight limp in her left leg.  

 “What’s wrong with your leg?”  He asked.

She laughed quietly, “Just an accident.”  She said, and continued making the sandwiches.

They continued the tour and moved back through the dining room, off the back of the house was a library and the laundry.  They stopped to look in the TV room, with a dark grey lounge suite, it also was sunken.