Prologue

Welcome to my Story. It follows Angellica McLloyd.

She is Broken, She is Scarred, She is Strength...

Copyright 2011 by Alys Hislop

All rights reserved. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or means without permission of the copyright owner.

Dedicated to my first fan!!!

Enjoy :)

Prologue

44 years ago, it happened.

I lost my virginity.

It was not my choice.

I was 13 years old when my adopted brother forced me down in the barn and raped me.

Around twice a week, Eliot forced himself onto me.

I was completely helpless.

No one would believe that he was attacking me. No one would ever believe he was trying to destroy me. No one but Cole; he was my sanity and saviour throughout the following years.

42 years ago, it changed.

I had a baby.

It was not my choice.

I was 15 years old, when I sat with my brother, Cole, in the family bathroom looking at a home pregnancy test. Our mother shipped me off to a convent where I would grow fat and have Eliot's demon child.

It was during that time that I had come to understand that my mother hated me. Aside from the fact that I never told her about Eliot and the incidents of the previous two years and that he had impregnated me with his child. I always thought that a mother should care for her children and love them unconditionally.

I was 15 years old when my daughter was born.

I was 15 years old when my daughter died.

Eliot was convinced that he loved me. He believed that his way of showing me his love was to force me to have sex with him. He had faith in the thought that he was doing the right thing.

He never gave up on the thought that I would love him back.

He was wrong. I could never love him back.

My life altered a few days before I turned 16.

It was then I met the man who I describe as the most wonderful and loving person a girl could ever dream to know.

Just before I turned 16, I moved to Richmond; and I met Adam Tarson.

Excerpt from: Angellica McLloyd - Memoirs