Home

It still felt a little weird, being back at the Cirque du Freak. But it was getting better. A lot of my memories had come back and I knew who everybody was again, I didn't remember some of the more painful memories still but I didn't really mind that part. I also remembered how Evra got excited with birthday parties and dreaded waking up to it this morning. "Happy birthday Liv." He said with a knowing smile. "Good morning, my love." I said. He kissed me and I climbed out of the hammock. We walked out of the tent, and I was expecting a deafening roar from the other performers, but there wasn't one. Evra kissed my cheek and lead us to the breakfast table. "I know you've never liked huge parties, so this time I decided to listen." He said. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. "Thank you baby." I said. He nodded and then fed me a bite of pancakes. Everyone had also stuck to my no presents rule, which I thanked them for. Evra though, went with a loophole. He wrote a song. "Baby, this has been... One hell of a year. But we made it, and it's been a great one too. So, here is to another year, another birthday, another anniversary, and every day in between." He said, then started to play. 

"Today is a winding road that's taking me to places that I didn't want to go

Whoa (whoa, whoa, whoa)
Today in the blink of an eye I'm holding on to something and I do not know why
I tried

I tried to read between the lines
I tried to look in your eyes
I want a simple explanation
For what I'm feeling inside
I gotta find a way out
Maybe there's a way out

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors
I don't wanna ever love another
You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain
And bring on the thunder

Today is a winding road
Tell me where to start and tell me something I don't know
Whoa (whoa, whoa, whoa)
Today I'm on my own
I can't move a muscle and I can't pick up the phone
I don't know (I don't know, I don't know, I don't know)

And now I'm itching for the tall grass
And longing for the breeze
I need to step outside
Just to see if I can breathe
I gotta find a way out
Maybe theres a way out

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors
I don't wanna ever love another
You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain

Yeah I'm walking on a tightrope
I'm wrapped up in vines
I think we'll make it out
But you just gotta give me time
Strike me down with lightning
Let me feel you in my veins
I wanna let you know how much I feel your pain

Today is a winding road that's taking me to places that I didn't want to go
Whoa

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer
Do you know you're unlike any other?
You'll always be my thunder, and I said
Your eyes are the brightest of all the colors
I don't wanna ever love another
You'll always be my thunder

And I said

Your voice was the soundtrack of my summer

Do you know you're unlike any other?

You'll always be my thunder
So bring on the rain
Oh baby bring on the pain
And listen to the thunder."  

I smiled and rushed up to the stage to kiss him. "I love you so much!" I said. "I love you too babygirl." He said, and then we all ate dinner. Everyone (especially Mr. Crepsley) shared stories about adventures I'd had with them or gotten them into. The entire table was dying with laughter. After the party, I was getting ready for bed when Rebecca came in. "Hey." She said. I turned around to look at her. "Hello." I said. "I just... I wanted to... I wanted to apologize." She said. "What?" I asked. "I miss you. I miss everything that we used to do together. I wanted to apologize and maybe... See if we can move past all this." She said. I remembered how mad we used to be at each other and realized how much I missed her too, so I walked to her and hugged her. "We're really stupid, aren't we?" I asked. She chuckled and nodded. "Yeah. Yeah we are." She said. She didn't stay long cause she had to get sleep too, so we hugged once more and she went to her own trailer. 

Over the next few months, the Cirque's audience had started to dwindle down. Almost all my memories were back, and I definitely remembered how big our audiences used to be. I hated seeing them get smaller with each passing theater, but I guess the circus scene wasn't such a big hit anymore. As we were packing for the next location (A small hotel that was having a Halloween party) I sat on the floor of me and Evra's tent. "This sucks." I said. "I know. I knew the first 10 times you said it too." Evra replied. "Don't get smart with me, Von." I said, packing away some clothes. "I'm not." He said. He totally was, but I dropped it. He was upset about it too. "Um... So do you need anything else packed that I can help you with?" I asked. He shook his head. "No. I'm done." He said. I stood and walked up behind him. I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head against his back. "I know I shouldn't be the one complaining. I mean, you've been here longer than I have." I said. He shook his head. "That doesn't matter. It's been both of our homes." He said. "What do you think is gonna happen?" I asked. He shrugged. "I don't know." He said. I sighed. "I'm not gonna be playing at children's birthdays the rest of my life, Evra." I said. I felt him chuckle. "What if it was our godchild's?" He asked. Yeah, Truska and Crow asked us to be the Godparents. Of course, we accepted. Truska wasn't able to tell if the child would be a boy or a girl yet, so we would have to wait out the last 4 months to see. Thinking of Truska made me want to visit her, so Evra and I walked to her and Crow's tent. "Hey Truska." I said. "How you feelin'?" I asked. "Better than yesterday." She said. Yesterday was one of the rougher days for her, she couldn't keep any food down and the morning sickness seemed like it wasn't getting any better. "Aw, that's good." I said. She gasped suddenly and put her hands on her swollen stomach. "Are you ok?" Crow asked, rushing over. "Yes darling. The baby is kicking again." I hadn't felt a baby kick since my little sister was expected. "Truska? C-can I... Um..." Truska nodded and held her hand out for me. I walked over and she placed my hand where the kicking was, making me tear up a bit. "Hey little one." I said. I was so excited to meet the  new baby, I think I was getting as impatient as Truska was! "Do you guys have names yet?" Evra asked. They nodded. "If it's a boy, Elliott." Truska said. "And if it's a girl, Soleil." Said Crow. I smiled. "Those are beautiful names." I said. "What are you guys hoping for?" I asked. "As long as they are healthy, it doesn't matter." Crow said. Evra and I smiled and we helped them pack up what was left before we all hit the road again.