The Act(s)

After the tearful moment between Crepsley and I was over, we went to the theater where the Cirque would be performing. Mr. Crepsley sat in one of the chairs near the stage and I hung from some old ribbons that had been left by the acrobats who used to perform here. Suddenly Mr. Crepsley stood and looked up at me, "Do you know how to use those?" He asked. I looked at him and shrugged, "I could try." I said. "Not on those!" He called. "We do not know how old they are. They might be unstable." He said. I nodded and jumped down from them, landing perfectly on my bare feet. "You know, if were a full human I would've died just then." I said, looking at how high the ribbon really was. Crepsley chuckled and I hopped onto his back as we explored the place. "Maybe you and Rebecca could perform a small act together?" He suggested. "You don't know, do you?" I asked him. "Know what?" He asked setting me on my feet. I told him the story as we walked, "So at first I thought it was because she didn't get to perform, but then when she kissed Evra-"
"Rebecca kissed Evra?" He asked. I nodded, "Yeah. They dated for a little bit before I came along. She's jealous because Evra is my boyfriend now and I'm on stage while she's behind it.
Did you know that she was the reason for the sprinklers two theatres ago?" I asked, using my usual method of time measurement by counting theatres we played. Mr. Crepsley looked shocked at this, "But she actually hasn't bothered me for a while. Last time was when Evra was still in his coma thing, but other than that she leaves us alone." I said. "I do not understand though, you and Ms. Tails used to be almost sisters." He said. I nodded. "Yeah well, she doesn't care about that anymore. Neither of us do." I said. "It doesn't matter to me though, she's always made things bigger than what they really are. She likes drama." I said. After I finished the story, we went to the back of the theatre to check out if anything was left behind that we could use, and we found more old ribbon and old costumes that Mr. Crepsley jokingly said I should use in the act. "I wouldn't be caught dead in that." I said. He laughed and responded, "Good thing you are only half dead then." I laughed, "I'll wear half of the costume." I joked, picking up a fluffy ruffled skirt that... Actually wasn't that bad. But it was already being inhabited by bugs, so I put it back down and kept digging. I felt a sharp pain in my finger and gasped, I pulled my hand out of the dusty bin and saw blood run down my index finger. "Are you alright?" Mr. Crepsley asked. I nodded and put my finger in my mouth. "Look at this." I said, handing him the picture whose broken glass had cut me. It was a cute picture, all of the performers who used to be here I guessed, lined up in the broken frame, smiling at the photographer. "You know, this is another reason I love performing in bigger theatres. The history behind every door, the memories that were captured here, it's all so beautiful!" I said. Mr. Crepsley started to respond, but then we heard footsteps and voices. "Is someone in there?" The first one yelled. I peeked around the corner and saw two cops looking around, so Crepsley and I jumped into the rafters to wait them out. My foot slipped though and I was suddenly hanging upside down and trying not to get sick or freak out and blow our cover. The cops finally left after a few more minutes and Mr. Crepsley grabbed my hands as he jumped down. Making me scream and cling to him even after we were on the ground again, "You can open your eyes." He said as he set me on my feet. "Do not ever do that again!" I said, smacking his shoulder after I let go of him. He laughed at me, "My apologies." He said. I sneered at him and we went back to the storage room. We found some more ribbons that looked not as used as the ones already up, so we took those and hung them so I could practice. It wasn't as easy as it looked! I almost fell 10 times, and got tangled in the ribbons more times than I cared to count! But eventually I had a routine down that would be good enough for the show until I could practice more.
On our way back to the Cirque, I could feel the effects of having to use so many muscles start to kick in. My legs felt like jelly and my arms, like lead. I was never more thankful for that hammock in Evra and I's tent than I was just then, as I threw myself into it and tried to get comfortable. It got dark really fast where we were, which was a town in... Ok, so I don't keep up with the states we play. Sue me. Geography was never my best subject anyways!
Anyway, it was dark now and freezing freaking cold! So I grabbed my blanket and joined Evra in his hammock, making him jump when I pressed my freezing toes against his legs. I laughed and kissed just under his chin before cuddling closer for warmth and closing my eyes.

°°°

The next morning, I wanted nothing more than to stay in the warm hammock with Evra, who was not very happy about not being able to perform tonight because of his injury. But unfortunately we had to get up, shower, and get our chores done.
I pulled on the black sweater that Evra had given me, my Superman sweatpants, and my black, skull covered, fluffy Ugg boots. I left my hair in the messy bun I'd slept with it in and walked out with Evra. I was teasing him about how cute he looked in the black hoodie and pajama pants he was in and laughing as we both kept losing our balance on here and there patches of ice. I really didn't like Winter. Evra got aggravated because I kept singing songs that always got stuck in his head. "Let it go, let it go, can't hold it back anymore. Let it go, let it go, turn away and slam the door." I sang, and he glared at me and tossed a snowball at me, making me glare back and toss a snowball at him too! Soon, instead of getting chores done we were throwing snowballs back and forth until we were both covered in it. As we were walking to actually get something done, Evra thought it would be the funniest thing in the world to put snow down my shirt! I screamed and shook it out as he lay on the ground laughing at his little joke. "Evra I don't know your middle name Von! I am going to freaking kill you!" I yelled over his laughter. He got up and ran off as I chased him, and eventually I was able to put snow on his head and down his shirt as well. Eventually we got our chores done, but it wasn't until after we were soaked with snow and hardly moving in the cold! Finally the night rolled around and it was showtime! Playing on the ribbons was so fun! What Crepsley and I did was, he played the flute like he usually did but instead of a spider on stage, it was me. I dropped down and scared a few people in the audience and twirled in the ribbons above Mr. Crepsley. At the end, I faked falling and people flipped out, until I landed in Mr. Crepsley's arms. I giggled, "Thanks for catching me." I whispered to him. He smiled down at me and set me on my feet.
Evra got to close the show tonight (because he was stubborn and went on stage even with his back hurting) and he pulled me onstage with him that time. "What are you doing?" I asked. "I need your help! Please Liv I need you out here!" He said. I sighed and nodded and he started to play.