Birthdays and Babies

Evra has been bugging me over and over again what I wanted for my birthday. Each time, I said "Nothing." And tried to change the subject, but he would always bring it back up later. We were walking through the town we were in when I started feeling light headed and had to sit down before I fell down. "Are you alright?" Evra asked, worried. I held my head in my hands for a second and nodded. "Yeah. I think so anyway. I don't even know where that came from!" I said. Evra tried to make me feel better and said, "Are you ok enough to tell me what you want for your birthday?" He jokingly asked. I laughed and stood, standing still for a second until the last of my wooziness passed. Then I was ok again and locked my fingers with Evra's as we started walking again. "Seriously though, you don't have to get me anything." I said. He lifted me and carried me on his side, "I want to though." He said, wrapping my legs around him. I laughed and shifted to ride on his back (which was getting better) and put my head on his shoulder. "I'm getting you something whether you like it or not." He said. "Evvraaaaa." I groaned. "Liiiiivvv." He said back. "You know what you can get me?" I asked. "What?" He asked, sounding hopeful. "Oreos." I said. He laughed, "I'm not joking. I'm craving Oreos. And... Pickled onions." I said. "I thought you got over that last craving?" He asked. Its been years since we lost Sam, and years since I've wanted his favorite snack! We found a store that sold them and when we got home I started to eat one. Then got sick. Evra pulled my hair back and I tried pushing him away, but he wouldn't budge. "I think you need to stay in bed today babe." He said, handing me a glass of cold water. I shook my head as he helped me stand and lead me over to the bed. "No. I'm ok, maybe I'm just sick of those things." I said. "If you were sick of them then why were you craving them?" He asked. I felt upset all of a sudden and started to tear up, "I don't know!" I said. Evra wiped the tears away and hugged me, "Why are you crying baby?" He asked. "I don't know!" I said again. For the next 3 weeks this kept happening. I had mood swings, got sick at random times, and craved weird things that I hadn't eaten since I was fully human and like 5 years old! I asked Corma what she thought and her answer was nowhere near what I was expecting. "P-p-pregnant?" I stuttered. She nodded and smiled. "That's all I can think of." She said. "Maybe ask Truska when she gets back. She can sense this stuff." Corma suggested. "Corma, I can't be... Pregnant! I'm half vampire! Vampires can't have children!" I exclaimed, starting to really freak out! "Well actually you're only half vampire. So how do you know your human part can't still become pregnant?" She asked. "Can we please stop saying that word!" I said. She got up and hugged me, "Go ask Mr. Crepsley then. Maybe he knows?" She asked. My eyes grew wide, "I can't ask Mr. Crepsley! He'd freak out!" I said loudly. "Ok well then wait til Truska gets back and ask her." She said. Truska had run into some of her kind here and was visiting them for a few days. I nodded and tried to calm down, but it really wasn't helping when everything made me think of babies! Even walking through town with Evra, we saw couples everywhere! Carrying their baby or playing with them or pushing the sleeping little things in their strollers. And Evra, of course, could tell there was something bothering me. But... I didn't know whether or not to tell him that I actually might be... You know. "Honey, what's bothering you?" He asked. "Nothing." I said, still lost in my head. "Really? Because we've passed three different pet stores and you haven't pulled me into any of them." He said. I sighed, "Can we go sit somewhere? I need to talk to you." I said. He nodded and we found a nice private spot near some trees. "What's up?" He asked. "I... Um. I might be..." I couldn't get the words out. I took a deep breath and sighed, "I might be pregnant." I said. Evra froze and looked from my stomach, to my face and back to my stomach again. I was starting to think I shouldn't have said anything, when he finally breathed and looked at me. "You're..." He couldn't get the words out either. I took his hands, "I don't know. I'm waiting for Truska to get back so I can ask her." I said. "How did this happen?" He asked, I could see he was about to start panicking too. "I think you know how this happened Evra." I said, trying to make light of the situation. He didn't laugh. "I'm serious Scarlett." He said. "I know. Look, everything will be fine. Just don't panic about this, because if you start to panic then I'm gonna panic." I told him. He took a deep breath and then opened his arms for me to crawl into. I lay back against him and he kissed my head. "So... We might be parents?" He asked. I nodded. "Yep." I said. He hugged me around my shoulders and I locked my hand in his. "We'll be ok." He said. I nodded, "I know." I replied. "I'm just... I'm scared! We can barely keep ourselves out of trouble, how are we supposed to keep a baby out of trouble!?" I asked. He kissed right under my ear and held me, "We'll figure it out." He said. "You know, when you said you wanted to give me something for my birthday, I really wasn't expecting this." I said. Evra busted out laughing and soon I joined his contagious laughter until we were laying on the ground, laughing until we couldn't breathe! When we got to walking again, we went to those pet stores! "I thought vampires and cats hated each other?" Evra asked, looking at the kitten I was holding. I looked at him, "Evra, do you think I care about some weird hatred with these little faces?" I asked. He only chuckled and stood back, Evra was allergic to cats. When we went back to the Cirque we went to get some dinner before going to our tent to rest before showtime. I wasn't performing because I kept getting sick, so I watched and cheered from backstage. Evra sang a new song tonight called Unpredictable (5SOS)
"She sits at home with the lights out
Seeing life in different colours
I think it's time that we wake up
So let me take you away

We can run down the street
With the stars in our eyes
We can tear down this town
In the dark of the night
Just open the door
We've got time on our side
We can make it out alive

Hey we're taking on the world
I'll take you where you wanna go
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you
Break the plans we had before
Let's be unpredictable
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you

It took so long to convince you
I knew I had to show my colours
You never wanted to be rescued
But now we're drifting away

We can run down the street
With the stars in our eyes
We can tear down this town
In the dark of the night
Just open the door
We've got time on our side
We can make it out alive

Hey we're taking on the world
I'll take you where you wanna go
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you
Break the plans we had before
Let's be unpredictable
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you

Earthquakes won't wait for another day
Don't say I know I never said it
I never said it, oh
One day we can make it out alive

Hey we're taking on the world
I'll take you where you wanna go
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you
Break the plans we had before
Let's be unpredictable
Pick you up if you fall to pieces
Let me be the one to save you

So let go!
Till' we've lost control
And we'll stumble through it all
Let's do something new and unpredictable"

When he came back, I kissed him and hugged him. "Great song baby!" I said. He smiled, "Thanks gorgeous." He replied. Then we looked back to the stage when we heard a familiar name. "Welcome, Madame Truska!"