Chapter 14

When I woke up, last night played in my head. I couldn't believe he was back! After a year he decides he's gonna come back and hope everything will be ok. Evra was supposed to be the one who I could always go to, who I knew would always be there for me when I needed him. He was my first real friend after I was thrown into this crazy life and now it's all just gone! As I sat there I couldn't help the memories that flooded my brain or the tears that flooded my eyes. Evra was back, but in a way he was still gone. I laughed to myself, a year being over him and suddenly it's over in a night. One side of me hated him for leaving, but the other wanted to get up and run to him and apologize for last night. The side that hated him won. If Evra knows me as well as it seems, he knows that he'll have to do some serious work to make me forgive him. He knows I'm stubborn, and I can hold a grudge for the rest of my life if I want to. How easily forgiving I am, depends on what you do to me. And this definitely wasn't going to be forgiven easily! I finally stood up and walked outside and the first person I see is Evra. "Hey. Can we please talk?" He asked. "There's nothing to talk about, Evra." I replied and kept walking, but he caught up to me. "Look, I know you're mad. But what happened to what we had before? Don't you miss that?" He asked. I stopped walking and stared at him, "Yeah I miss that! I've been missing that! But whatever we had, left when you did!" I said to him, then I walked away to start my chores. I avoided him as much as I could but it wasn't easy being in the same campground with him. My chores today were basically just helping set up for the shows so I wasn't too busy. Which sucked. I tried to untangle lights by myself and was really only making them worse, when a pair of hands reached out to help me. "Hey." Said Rebecca. I smiled a little at her. "Hey." I replied. "So... Evra's back." She said. I sighed and looked at her. "Please don't tell me you're here for him. Because I really don't want to talk about it." I told her. She shook her head. "I'm not here for him. I'm mad at him too!" I looked at her, confused. "Why would you be mad at him?" I asked. She raised her eyebrows at me and said, "Do you even know how many outfits I'd made for that boy when he left?" She exclaimed. We both started laughing as we untangled the lights. "And, he hurt my sister. I'm about to kick some snake boy butt!" She said, still chuckling a little bit. I nodded with her. "You didn't... Happen to hear anything last night did you?" I asked. She shook her head and I told her about it. "So wait, he leaves for like a year and a half, comes back, and expects everything to be ok!?" She exclaimed. I nodded as I worked at a particularly tricky knot. "I guess so." I said. She shook her head and took over the knot I was working on when I held out the strand. After we both struggled with it, she threw it down and stomped on it. "There's no way that happened on accident!" She yelled. I stood up and strectched, " Let me find Mr. Crepsley or someone. Hold on." I said, and went to look for him. I finally found him and told him our struggle, then he chuckled and followed me to the lights. "Help has arrived!" I told Rebecca. "Oh thank God!" She said and stopped struggling. She handed Mr. Crepsley the lights and in literally two seconds, they were untangled. We both stared at him with out mouths open as he walked away. Rebecca looked at me, "H-how did he do that!?" She asked. I shrugged, "I have no idea." I replied. "But hey, now we're done!" I said smiling. "C'mon. Let's get ready for tonight!" She said and we walked hand in hand to her trailer.