Jealous? pt.2

When I found Evra, he was curled up in his his hammock. I walked to him and noticed the tears drying on his face, I wiped them away and climbed in with him. "Evra... Please don't listen to those guys." I said rubbing his arm. He sniffed and turned to look at me. "I change my mind about going to town. I never want to leave the Cirque again!" He cried. "Evra, honey you are a beautiful person an-" He sat up. "Please just stop. Don't tell me about how I'm beautiful and how I should be proud of how I look and how it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. Because it's not working this time." "I'm just trying to help." I said. "I know and I appreciate it but I don't want to hear it right now." He said, laying back down. "This...isn't about the park. Is it?" He shrugged. "I just wish... Sometimes I wish I looked like you." Blame my unfiltered mouth for this, "That is possible you know. Just find the right places that does it." I told him. There was a trace of a smile and I knew that the terrible joke had worked a little. "I'm serious!" He said trying not to laugh. "I know. Go on" "I wish I looked human." He said. "What are you talking about Ev?" "Sometimes I just wanna be normal!" He said. I laughed once and lay back in the swaying hammock. "You think my life has been normal? Evra... At fourteen I had to become a half vampire, fake my death, leave my friends and family behind and move into a circus! How in the name of Paradise is that normal?" I asked. "At least you weren't born with scales! Your parents didn't freak out and leave you! You weren't abused by a greedy circus owner until you were eleven!" "No, but I was born with eyes! And you know what my eyes see every time I look at you?" I asked, I'd suddenly realized that it wasn't Johnny and I Evra was jealous of. It was how we looked. "Evra, when I see you, I see the first person who made me feel at home after I had left my first one. I see the person I've let further in than anyone I've ever known! The one guy who I know I can always turn to when I need it and who can do the same with me! I see the person I... The person I love." Evra turned to me again and I hoped I hadn't said the wrong thing. He sat up and scooted closer to the middle of the hammock, making me slide down towards him. "Thanks Liv. I... I love you too." He said, and those sparks were back. I loved Evra more than as friends, but I really didn't want anything to happen to us! He was leaning in now, and suddenly I was praying to the Vampire Gods that no one interrupted us this time. I wanted this, but at the same time... I pushed the thought out of my head as I felt Evra's lips against my own, and the sparks turned into fireworks.