April

April 30th. Already! Although it didn't seem like it, time totally flew when you lived in the Cirque. Chores and setting up for shows kept your mind off of the time as well and kept you busy. I was working on finding food for the Little People today and having some pretty good luck! I found a dead cat, and some pretty big birds, and the usual rats. It was kind of weird to see so many dead animals in the same area so I went to Mr. Crepsley's tent after I gave the Little People their dinner. "Is something the matter?" He asked me. I shrugged and told him about the animals. "It was just kinda weird, you know?" I told him. "It does sound strange," he said, holding his chin with his index finger and thumb, "I am still getting weird feelings as well." He continued. I sat on the arm of his big red chair and watched him pace. "So... What do we do?" I asked. He sighed and leaned against his desk. "Do not worry. Just stay out of trouble and keep to your chores. And keep your eyes open for anything else you find strange." He told me. I nodded and stood to leave and went back to my chores. Over the next few weeks, more and more animals showed up. I took Mr. Crepsley with me one day to show him and he looked very worried. "This looks like the work of something much larger than a cat." He said, investigating a different group of cats. "What do you think it is?" I asked him, trying not to be sick. "I do not know." He replied. "But my bad feelings just got stronger." He went on. He stood and we gathered the cats for the Little People and went home. "I want you to be very cautious, Scarlett." He warned me. I nodded and said, "Don't worry I will." He nodded and went to Mr. Tall's tent, probably to tell him what's been happening with the animals. It was 8:30 p.m. when I got done with my chores and helping set up for tomorrow nights show. I was so tired and couldn't wait for my bed! When I walked inside though, I felt off. Like I wasn't the only one inside. I grabbed the closest thing to me (my favorite rock hard pillow) and went to see who (or what) was in here. It was freaking dark in here and I could barely make out a tall figure behind the curtain. It stood up and turned around and that's when I started to attack it with my pillow. "Ow! Ow! Ow!" It yelled "What the heck is wrong with you woman!?" Said the voice that stopped me cold.