Gone? pt.2

Evra smiled, remembering that night as well as I was. "Who knew that night would lead to so much?" I asked. He chuckled. "Yeah..." He replied to, what sounded like, more to himself than to me. I looked up at him and smiled. "Love you Von." I said. He kissed my nose and replied, "Love you too Liv." We started walking again and got ready for tonight's show. Tonight we were playing in an old factory that was once used as a Halloween attraction. I ran into Evra backstage and he seemed to be back to the depressed snake boy he was last week. I hugged him and he wished me good luck and I did the same to him. Before I went on stage he hugged me and once again said he loved me and I said it back, not knowing what was going on in that mind of his. I was nervous walking onto stage, but once I had Madame Octa I was actually quite comfortable and made it through the act quite smoothly. Mr. Crepsley congratulated me when we were backstage and I thanked him. "I can still feel her crawling." I said, making him laugh a little. "Well, it has been a while since you have been with Octa." I nodded and started to wonder why I hadn't heard Evra's name called, he was always right after Crepsley and I. "Have you seen Evra?" I asked Mr. Crepsley. "No. The last time I saw him was before we went on." He replied. I started getting worried as Mr. Tall introduced Truska, and I ran to the dressing rooms to look for Evra. I was calling his name and looking through every room I passed and when I finally came to ours, I stopped. Only my things filled the room. "Did you find him?" Mr. Crepsley asked. I shook my head and walked slowly into the room. I found a folded piece of paper on a folded up black sweater. 'Liv,' it read, 'I'm sorry, but I'm tired of not being able to express myself and being treated like a child.' My heart dropped lower and lower as I read and beat harder and harder. 'Just remember I never meant to hurt anyone. Especially you. I hope you can forgive me and understand my need to do this. And who knows? Maybe one day the Cirque and I will cross paths. But until then, be good (even though I know that's hard for you) and never forget that I love you and I'm sorry.
-Evra.