Gone? pt.1

A week later, Evra seemed to be doing better about the incident with Mr. Tall. He was laughing and messing with me like he usually did and was the energetic Evra he usually was.
Later when I was doing my chores, he came to me and covered my eyes. "I have a surprise." He said. Then he walked in front of me and took my hands. "Keep your eyes closed, okay?" He said. I nodded and closed my eyes, wondering where he was taking me. We were walking when I suddenly felt us going downhill and held his hand tighter. Then we stopped. "Okay," he said. "Open your eyes." I laughed and opened them and gasped. We were near a river and there was a blanket spread out on the ground with food on it. "Evra, this is amazing!" I said. He chuckled and lead me to the little picnic. We were almost hidden, but not too far away from the Cirque to be in any trouble if we needed to be back in a hurry. Evra threw a grape at me and I caught it in my mouth. He looked amazed that I'd actually caught something for once. Everyone knew how clumsy I was and usually avoided throwing things to me. "I'm surprised you caught that without choking." He laughed. I nodded, totally serious and said, "I know right. Ok, your turn." He nodded and I tossed a grape at him. He missed it and fell backwards. I laughed and asked if he was ok. "Yeah." He said. "You suck at aiming." He said. I scoffed and told him, "I don't suck at aiming, you suck at catching!" And we both laughed and lay on the blanket. Evra brought out my Polaroid camera and took some pictures of us. Usually I was blurry in pictures (cuz of the half vampire thing) but these actually turned out pretty good. After we finished eating, we packed up and headed home. "Hey Liv." He called, and I turned around and he snapped a picture of me. "Evra Von!" I yelled. He laughed and smiled at the picture. "You look good in black and white." He said, and showed me the picture. "Charna's Guts." I said, looking at it. "Throw that away." I told him. He laughed and put it in his shirt pocket. "Not happening." He said and handed me the camera. As we walked I got a picture of him and smiled as it developed.
"So are you performing tonight?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah. Um, Mr. Crepsley is actually gonna let me do the act with Octa while he plays." I said, and he smiled. "That's really cool. I'm proud of you Liv." I blushed and thanked him. He hugged me and kissed my head. "I'm serious. You've come a long way from being the scared little girl I met 4 years ago." He said. I still remembered the day we met:
My heart was pounding as we walked through the pouring rain to the Cirque du Freak. I was nervous as heck and freezing my butt off as Mr. Crepsley lead me to a big green tent. "You can stay here." He said. "I will tell Mr. Tall about this myself and you can meet him tomorrow." He continued. I nodded and we went inside. He talked to someone else for a quick moment then left. It wasn't much warmer in the tent but it was dry. I could see someone walking to me then was face to face with a boy covered in green-ish yellow scales. I was shivering and jumped as thunder crashed above us. "Hey." Said the snake boy. "I'm Evra Von." He introduced himself and then noticed my soaked clothes and walked somewhere into the tent. When he came back, he had dry clothes in his arms and an old blanket. He handed me the clothes and hung the blanket from the ceiling of the tent. "There you go. You can change back there." He said, pointing to the blanket. I nodded and went behind the curtain and changed into a black sweater (which was big on me) and some pajama pants (also big on me and very long) then went out to find Evra hanging up a hammock. "Thanks." I squeaked out. He turned to me and smiled. "Well aren't you cute?" He asked and I blushed. "My name is Scarlett. Most people call... Called me Scar." I said. He nodded. "Everyone called you that?" He asked and I nodded. "I'm gonna call you Liv." He said. I looked at him, "How did you know my middle name was Olivia?" I asked "Crepsley told me your name." He said. I nodded and climbed into the hammock. Evra covered me up with a soft blanket and moved my hair from my face. "Goodnight Liv." He whispered.
I was asleep within seconds.