60

I started to smile. "Oh my gods! Truska, congratulations! How far along are you?" I asked. "Only a few weeks." She said. "Does Crow know?" I asked. She shook her head. "Not yet. I've been afraid to tell him." She said. "Truska, you have to say something eventually. He's worried sick about you." I told her. She sighed. "Ride in the van with me?" She asked, wanting a private place to continue this conversation.  I nodded and we hopped into the van after making up a story about "wanting time together" to Evra and Crow. They pretended to understand, but they knew us both too well. I drove as Truska sat in the passenger seat with her hands on her stomach. "Truska, you and Crow will be just fine." I said. She sighed and put her head in her hands. "We haven't been together that long! What if he doesn't want children? Or isn't ready? What if I'm not ready?" She asked. I put my hand on he shoulder. "Truska, if you can take care of a whole circus full of people you can take care of a baby." I said. She laughed a little bit. "I think this will be different." She said, wiping at a tear. "I have faith in both of you. You're going to make amazing parents." I said. She smiled. "Thank you, Scarlett." She said. I glanced at her and smiled, then heard honking behind us and  turned back to the road, gasping as the van hit an overturned tree.
×××
(CrepsleyPOV)
I could do nothing but watch as the van Scarlett and Madame Truska were in hit a tree knocked over by the storm. It flipped and rolled until it finally stopped and rested up side down. I had barely stopped the van Evra, Crow, and I were in before I got out and flitted over to the wreck. Both girls were unconscious.
×××
(EvraPOV)
I was trying not to panic as Mr. Crepsley checked on Truska and Liv. "They are breathing." He said, and my heart (which was beating like a hummingbird's wings) slowed down. "We have to get them to a hospital." Corma said from behind me, making me jump. I don't know who called the ambulance, but soon one was here getting the girls out of the van and to a hospital. They let Crow and I ride with them and I held Liv's hand the entire ride. When we got to the hospital, we all had to wait out in a waiting room until a doctor came to get us. We practically ambushed the doctor when he came through to tell us the news. He said that both of them had some cuts and internal bruising, and Liv had a concussion. They said that the baby was fi- wait... Baby? "What baby?" Rebecca asked. "Miss Truska's. She's about a month along now. You can congratulate her when she wakes up." He said. "When can we visit them?" Cormac asked. He had his arm wrapped around Corma, who was crying. Dr. Abramson pointed down the hall. "Mrs. Von is on the left, miss Truska is on the right. Two people at a time please." He said.
Everyone said that Mr. Crepsley and I should visit Liv, while Crow visited Truska. Since they obviously had some big things to discuss.
My breath caught when we walked into her room. Seeing her there, attached to machines, still unconscious, it killed me. I wanted to make her better. To hold her and say everything would be alright. But when she woke up and looked at us and asked, "Who are you?"
I knew it wouldn't.