Vacation

I was laying with Evra in our new bed when Mr. Crepsley came in. "I need to speak with both of you." He said, and we sat up and looked at him. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing. I received a letter today from the Princes." He said. "The vampire princes?" I asked. "No, the Prince of Wales." He replied sarcastically. I stuck my tongue out at him as he continued. "They asked how you were. They also found out about your marriage, through Vancha. They have invited us back and requested we bring Evra." Mr. Crepsley said. To be honest, I was shocked. It's been years since I've been back in Vampire Mountain! I looked at Evra, who looked just as shocked as I felt. "What do you think?" I asked. He shrugged, "I dunno. Last time you went to Vampire Mountain I thought I'd never see you again." He said. I kissed his cheek, "We won't be gone that long this time. I promise." I said. Mr. Crepsley turned to leave, "You two discuss it. Inform me of your decision when you have made one." He said, then walked out. I turned to Evra, I could tell he was giving it some consideration. "Do you want to go back?" He asked. "Maybe. I mean, it's been a long time since I've seen any vampires besides Crepsley or Gavner. But I also remember what happened last time I went!" I said. He nodded. "I... Do think it'd be pretty cool to go." He said.
I looked at him and smiled a little, "You don't have to go if you don't really want to." I said. He nodded, "I know. But... I... I want to. Really, I do." He said. I nodded and stood up. "Where you going?" He asked. "To tell Mr. Crepsley." I said. Evra shook his head and pulled me back so I was sitting on his lap. "I haven't seen you in 8 months." He said, bringing my face down to kiss me. I smiled against his lips and kissed him back, then my back hit the bed and we decided that Mr. Crepsley was just going to have to wait a little while.
I laughed breathlessly as Evra lay his head on my chest and continued to kiss me. "How are you... not tired?" I asked, trying to control my breathing. "Like I said, I haven't seen you in 8 months baby girl." He said against my skin. I smiled and played with his scales and hair as he traced small designs on my sides and stomach with his fingertips. I giggled, "Evra, that tickles." I said. I felt him smile and he started to tickle me for real. I laughed and pushed his hands away before flipping us and tickling him. Evra's laughter was contagious! I found myself laughing as hard as he was and smiled when he grabbed my hips, came up, and kissed me. This wasn't playful, it was hard and passionate, and he was trying to pull me closer and closer. When we stopped, he held me against him. I could feel his breath on my skin, it was shaky. "Evra, what's wrong?" I asked. I felt a drop of water on my shoulder and backed up to see that Evra was crying. "I thought I was going to lose you." He said. I kissed his forehead and he laid us down again, "Evra, you are never going to lose me. Ever." I said. I kissed him again and our earlier events started again, but this time we were slower. Taking our time and just focusing on the time we had together before we had to leave. We spent a little more time basically just making out, before we got up and dressed and walked to Crepsley's tent. Hand in hand, we walked to his tent and walked inside. "You have made a decision?" Crepsley asked. We nodded. "Let's go see some vampires!" I exclaimed. The three of us chuckled and Crepsley gave me the letter that had come earlier. I read and chuckled when they said they were actually excited to see a snake-boy. "I am sure they will also be glad to have their young princess back for a while." Mr. Crepsley said. "Princess?" Evra asked. I realized then that I'd never told him what happened when I went to the mountain those years ago. So instead of packing, I spent the next hour telling him the story. "That's why you came back with half your hair missing?" He asked. I nodded. "That's why you couldn't come to the bonfires for the rest of the year?" He asked. I nodded again. "And you're a vampire princess!?" He asked. Again, I nodded. "Though, I'd rather you both say Prince. I don't like the 'princess' thing, you know." I told them. They nodded and then Evra and I went back to our own tent to pack. "What do I need?" He asked. I dug through our clothes and pulled out sweaters, jackets, sweatpants, and socks. "Mostly warm clothes. Winter stuff." I said. He nodded. "It doesn't have to be a lot, just something to keep us warm for the trip there." I explained. "What about for inside the mountain?" He asked. "Inside the mountain is good for t-shirts and jeans. But the cave floor is kinda cold so that's why I'm packing socks." I said. Evra pulled the backpack around his shoulders and we walked out to meet Mr. Crepsley at the Cirque exit. I could tell Evra was still a little worried, so I took his hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. "Don't worry." I told him. "Think of it as a vacation!" I said. Unfortunately, the last trip I told him to think of as a vacation flashed through my head. I waited for a remark about it, but it never came. Evra wrapped an arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple. "Don't think about that." He whispered agaisnt it. I smiled and nodded as the three of us kept walking.
Mr. Crepsley didn't take the same long, difficult path he lead us on last time, but a shorter less tricky trail up the mountain. I could've smacked him, but was too glad to be inside the warm mountain to act on it. A hand came over my mouth and I turned to strike whoever it was. I smiled as I saw not Gavner, but Vancha, and then dodged as he struck back. We wrestled until he had me pinned to the wall. "I win.... Again." He smirked. I kicked out at him and he let me drop to my feet. Vancha had trained me a small bit in hand to hand combat, but he wasn't around much so I'd forgotten most of what he showed me. "I'll beat your vampire arse one day!" I said as we walked back to Crepsley and Evra, who was looking like he was having a hard time believing what he'd just seen. I grimaced as Vancha pat my head, "Yes you will!" He said mockingly. I rolled my eyes and shrugged at Evra. "We like to fight." I said simply. "I noticed!" He replied. The four of us shared a laugh, then we started walking again, Vancha leading, to the Hall of Princes.