Goodbyes

"You can come see him now." Seba said. I jumped up and Evra followed, then Seba lead us down to where Crepsley was. When we got there, Evra and Seba said they'd wait outside. After seeing if they were sure (they said they were) I walked inside and saw Crepsley was struggling to sit up. I ran over to him and helped him then hugged him. He groaned, "Easy Scarlett." He said. I backed up and made sure his side was ok, while he tried to cover himself with his cape. I started crying again and hugged him, I had to! I had to know he was here, alive, and not going anywhere. He hugged me back the best he could and I buried my face in his shoulder. "I thought I was going to lose you!" I cried, clutching his cape. He held me as I cried, "You can not get rid of me that easily!" He said, trying to make me laugh. It worked a little bit, and I backed up and wiped my tears away. "So... You're ok? Like really ok? You're not... You're not dying or anything?" I asked. He chuckled and shook his head. "I am fine. Very lucky to be here, but fine." He said. He tried to stand and groaned as he fell back down. "Don't hurt yourself dad." I said. He looked up at me and I realized what I'd said. "I... I-uh... I didn't-" Crepsley held up a hand to silence me and then he smiled. "I am honored you think that way of me." He said. I smiled and asked one of the Guardians if he was ok to leave, they nodded once. So I pulled his arm around my shoulders and helped him stand. "Do you want me to grab you a new shirt?" I asked. His had been removed for the Guardians to help him. "Please." He said. I nodded and we stopped by the shop so I could grab him a shirt, I grabbed myself one too since I was covered in blood as well. I helped Crepsley pull the shirt on, then helped him stand again and took him to get lunch. "You need to eat." I said when he questioned me bringing him here. "Fine. But after, I would like to begin packing." He said. "Packing?" I asked. "To go home." He simply stated. "Crepsley, you just took a stake through the side. You can hardly move! You can't expect us to leave right now!" I said. "Yes, I can." He replied. "Larten," I said, he looked surprised at my rare use of his first name, "You're not strong enough right now!" I exclaimed. "I am strong enough!" He shot back. "You can not move Crepsley! You can hardly walk, how do you expect yourself to flit!?" I asked. He didn't answer. "Do you even know where the Cirque is right now?" I asked him. He nodded, "I sent a message to Hibernius, they are a mere three days away." He said, as if three days wouldn't hurt an already seriously injured vampire. I sighed and tried not to lose my temper with him. "There is no way you're making a three day journey." I said. He scoffed, "Who says I can not?" He asked. "That hole in your side." I said. He chuckled and finished eating before trying (and failing) to stand. I caught him and helped him to his room, then to his coffin. "I wish you'd stop being so stubborn and just accept the fact that you're hurt." I said, sitting in front of his coffin. "I wish you would stop treating me like I am a child, incapable of taking care of themself." He said. Counting to ten never helped me control my temper before, and it certainly wasn't helping now. "Crepsley... Please. Just give it a few nights. Then when the wound is better than it is now, we will go." I said. He opened his mouth to object, but I shushed him. "No. Please Larten, just heal for a few nights! A three day journey right now would hurt you even more than you already are! I refuse to lose my dad because he was a stubborn vampire who wouldn't take no for an answer!" I said. Finally, he nodded and lay down in the coffin. I kissed his cheek and stood. "Thank you." I said. He chuckled and pat my cheek, "You are welcome." He said. I smiled and closed the coffin before walking out. I grabbed a towel and went to wash the blood off of me and calm down. When I got out, I dressed and french braided my hair before going to find Evra. He let me fall into his arms when I got to our room and held me as I lay on him. "How's Crepsley?" He asked. I groaned, "Stubborn." I said. He laughed, "Kinda like someone else I know." He joked. I smacked his chest and he laughed again, "Shut up." I said. "Make me." He said. I sat up and looked down at him with a smirk. He looked at me, waiting to see what I'd do. I leaned down and kissed him slowly and deeply, smiling when he grabbed my hips, sat up, and started kissing me back. He pulled the hair band off of my braid and I shook out my still wet hair. His hands moved up my back and into my hair, making me giggle and move closer to him. I squealed and giggled a little as I felt myself being leaned back into the hammock.

*****

The next morning, I was woken up by Vancha. He told me Crepsley needed to see me, so I told him to turn around while I got up and dressed. As we walked out, he chuckled. "What's so funny?" I asked. He chuckled more, "Nothing. I was wondering what all the noise was last night." He said. I felt my face heat up, "Charna's guts." I said, wanting to burst into flames on the spot. Vancha only laughed louder, "I swear princess, I thought the mountain was haunted!" He said. "Oh my gods shut up!" I said, blushing harder than I ever have in my life. He laughed loudly, echoing through the halls and clapped me on the shoulder. "Sorry princess, I couldn't resist." He said. "Don't you repeat a word to anybody!" I said. "Oh, I don't think I have to! You forget, not only that these halls echo but vampires hear everything." He said. I have never wanted the Hall of Death so badly! Vancha was still chuckling when we got to Crepsley and he looked at Vancha like he was crazy. "What is he laughing at?" He asked. "Nothing!" I said quickly, glaring at Vancha. "What's up?" I asked him. "Are you packed?" He asked. I sighed and looked at him, "Crepsley! Are we really going to have this argument again!?" I asked. He chuckled, "Vampires are fast healers, have you forgotten that?" He asked. That's when I noticed he was standing. "So, you're feeling better?" I asked. He nodded, "Better than yesterday." He said. I bit my lip, "Don't hate me, but just a few more nights." I said. He sighed, but nodded. I hugged him and we walked to get breakfast, after I woke up Evra and he got dressed. Vancha thought it'd be funny to tease Evra the same way he'd teased me and I swear I've never seen Evra's face so red. "Excuse me while I go drown myself." He said. I laughed and leaned on him as he ate breakfast, I wasn't very hungry this morning but drank some blood to energize me. The next few days passed pretty slowly, but I didn't mind. I hated saying goodbye to the princes and my other fellow vampires, but the Cirque was my home. Evra, Crepsley, and I were leaving the mountain slowly but still eager to get the Cirque before it was another day away. So we had one last dinner with the vampires, then said our goodbyes.