They're Here

When I woke up I smiled. Today was the seventh year anniversary of Evra and I's friendship! I saw his arm wrapped around my waist and turned over to face him. I loved how peaceful he looked when we slept, it was adorable! I leaned forward and softly kissed him, and gasped when he kissed back. I giggled and backed up, "Sneak." I said. He gave me a sleepy smile and I couldn't help kissing him again, he made it so hard to resist! "You remembered what today is?" He asked. He stretched but still hadn't opened his eyes. "Of course I do!" I said. He chuckled and I had to restrain myself! "I can't believe it's been seven years." He said, finally opening his beautiful eyes. He stroked my cheek with his hand and smiled, "How did I get so lucky?" He asked. I giggled, "How did I?" I asked him. He pulled me to him and kissed me hard, then our small moment of peace was interrupted. "Scarlett, you are needed near the maps." Mr. Crepsley said. I sighed. "Alright. Be out in a second." I said. Crepsley nodded and walked out to wait as Evra and I got dressed. I didn't change out of the t-shirt, I just pulled my jeans on and waited for Evra. Then I took his hand and we walked out to meet Crepsley. "So what's happening?" I asked. "The hunters are closer." He said. "How long are we going to wait before taking care of them?" I asked Crepsley. He sighed, "Soon. Do not worry." He said. "How am I supposed to not worry?" I asked. "Talk to them." He said, letting Evra and I go in first then he followed. The princes turned to us, "Good thing you're here." Paris said. "You did say you were taking Vancha out today, yes?" Mika asked. "Um..." I was going to try and go a different time, since today was what it was, until Evra gave my hand a gentle squeeze telling me it was ok for me to go. "Yeah. Yeah I'll go. Where is Vancha?" I asked. "Right here." He said from behind me. I jumped and turned around to face Vancha. "Busy?" I asked. "No. Why?" He asked. "I'm going out to investigate in a second and was gonna see if you'd want to come with me." I said. He nodded. "I'll go." He said. I nodded and we discussed where we'd look and what we'd do if caught. "I'd like to avoid killing people Vancha." I said. I'd grown tired of death, and didn't want to see it ever again. "Then I suggest we don't get caught." He replied. I sighed and nodded. "Yeah. Ok, ready?" I asked. He nodded and walked out to wait while I talked to Evra. "I'll be back soon." I said. He nodded, "I know. Go do what you do." He said, "and be careful!" He warned. I smiled and kissed him until Vancha interrupted, "Princess, we need to go before the humans actually wake up." He said. I nodded and kissed Evra one more quick time before Vancha and I left. We found the human's set up quickly, they weren't very well hidden. There were only five of them so Vancha and I hid in some trees and listened to them talking. "When are we going in to help?" One of them asked. I looked at Vancha, "Who are they helping?" I whispered to him. He shrugged, "Do you think someone in the mountain isn't who they say?" He asked. I motioned for him to hang on and I listened for three certain names to come up. "When Jo gives the signal, that's when we attack." A different guy answered. Could 'Jo' be short for Joshua? I wondered. "They've been in there for days, how do we know they ain't already dead?" Number four asked. Number five spoke, "They aren't dead. If they were, we'd be dead too. Those monsters woulda come down to kill us right after they finished those three." He said. Number one was about to speak, when his walkie talkie went off. "Tyler, it's Jo. It's time!" The voice said. The hunters gathered their weapons and started towards the mountain, but Vancha threw one of his stars and stopped them. "They're in the trees!" Number three yelled and pointed his crossbow at us. I ducked as he shot a stake at me, then knew by the way Vancha snarled at him, that Number Three was not winning this fight! Vancha took care of him, Two, and Five, while I took care of Number Four and One. After they were taken care of, Vancha threw me onto his back and flitted back to the mountain, where there was a huge fight going on! How many hunters had there been!? I jumped off of Vancha and took out a hunter sneaking up behind Jaxon, another of our newer vampires. The smell of blood was heavy in the air, and I tried to focus on our attackers rather than whose blood I was smelling. These hunters were experienced! Like they'd been preparing for years for this moment! As more and more hunters were taken out, the easier this battle became. Until finally the last one was knocked unconscious... By Evra! I ran to him and almost knocked us to the ground when I collided with him. "Are you ok!?" I asked, I backed up and started looking for blood or any other injuries. "I'm fine. Are you?" He did the same. "I'm fine!" I said and we kissed. We went around making sure all the other vampires were alright, and that's when I noticed someone missing from the hall. "Where's Crepsley?" I asked. No one answered me, the princes looked worried. "Where. Is. Crepsley!?" I asked again, my hands tightening into fists. "Babe, losing feeling in my hand." Evra said. I barely heard him, "Tell me where Crepsley is or I swear I will-" "Calm down." Paris said. "Do not tell me to calm down Paris! Where is my father!?" I asked again, loudly this time. Seba came to me, "He is with the Guardians." He said. "Ok, breaking my hand!' Evra said, falling to his knees. Seba took my hand off of Evra's and took the princes, Evra, and I to a quieter room. "Why is he with the Guardians?" I asked. Seba sighed, "He was badly injured." He told me. "How badly?" I asked, fearing for my mentor's life. "He got a stake through his side." Mika said. I fell against the wall, "Is he going to be ok?" I asked, my voice barely coming out. Seba shrugged, "The Guardians are doing all they can to help him right now." He said. "Can I visit him?" I asked, my tears falling onto my face. "Once the Guardians give their ok." Paris said. I hid my face in my hands and sobbed as I slid down the wall to the floor. Evra came and wrapped his arms around me, and I turned and cried into his shoulder. "He can't die!" I cried. Evra squeezed my shoulders, "He won't." He told me, he was just as worried about Crepsley as I was! It was hours later when Seba came to tell us the news.