Tattoos

I was shocked, but when I realized it was my Evra I responded by kissing him back and wrapping my arms just as tightly around him as his were around me. "You're back." I said. He nodded, "Yeah. I'm so sorr--" I put my finger over his lips, "Don't be sorry, because you didn't do anything wrong!" I said. He smiled and kissed me again before we walked out. "So what even happened? One second I'm kissing you, then the next it's like I'm back with Rebecca before you even got back from Crepsley's!" He said. I nodded, "She stole one of Truska's potions and put it in the water she gave you." I said. He sighed, "Remind me never to take anything else from her." He said. I patted his shoulder. "So what should we do here?" He asked, referring to the small town we were in. "We passed a tattoo parlor on the way here a few nights ago." I said. "You want to get a tattoo?" He asked. I nodded, "If you wanna go. I mean, we could do something else if you wanna?" I replied. "No, let's go get some tattoos." He said, and we walked to the tattoo shop. "So, with your skin being so tough do you think it would hurt if you got a tattoo?" I asked. Evra shrugged. "I don't really know. Probably not, but I don't really want to find out." He said. "Have you ever gotten a tattoo before Liv?" He asked. "Have you seen one anywhere?" I asked him, laughing at the small smile I got in response. "So what are you getting?" He asked. I shrugged, "Dunno yet. I guess I'll look when I get there." I said. I wasn't nervous until we actually walked through the doors and I saw the equipment. "Hey. I'm Chris." Said the guy who came up to us. We shook hands and he shook Evra's hand then lead us into the shop. "So, who's getting tattooed today?" He asked. I raised my hand a little, "Me." I said nervously. "You know what you want?" Chris asked. I shook my head, "No not really." I said. He nodded and grabbed a few binders. "C'mon back here and I'll get set up while you look." He said. I followed him back to the tattooing room and sat on the chair as I flipped through the different tattoos, not seeing any I wanted permanently inked into my skin. I looked at Evra, who was in the lobby of the shop because this room, was not a big room! I suddenly got an idea, and remembering the night Evra told me that 'scales or no scales' I'd always be his girl, I looked at Chris. "Scales." I said. "Scales?" He asked. I nodded and glanced at Evra, who was looking at the portraits on the walls. Chris nodded and started to sketch the design, when he was done he did the tattoo and I was in so much pain! I didn't have a high pain tolerance and I've always been afraid of needles, but I love tattoos! I always have! Each one tells a different story for each person. Their struggles, loves, losses, memories, I loved it! When it came to my foot tattoo, I could've screamed it hurt so much! I was so glad when it was over! I ended up with scales on my right foot, left side of my ribs, left hip, and right thigh. I loved them! I went ahead and also got a spider on my wrist and another patch of scales on my right forearm before paying and leaving. I changed into my Hello Kitty pajama shorts as soon as we got into our tent back home so Evra could see all of the tattoos I'd gotten. "Like them?" I asked. He smiled and traced the one on my thigh gently with his finger. "They're amazing." He said. I smiled and kissed him before grabbing my laptop and climbing into the hammock. "Join me?" I asked. He climbed in with me and took an earbud as I pulled up Pretty Little Liars and hit play. "Are you really going to make me watch this?" He asked. I laughed and patted his leg as we watched the show. "You'll like it. Trust me, you just gotta watch a little of it." I told him. We finished the first season before finally getting up to stretch and walk around the town a little bit. There was a celebration of some kind going on in the square and someone invited Evra and I over to join in, so we did and we had a blast! There was a kareoke machine set up so of course Evra and I had to go up!
We chose We Owned The Night by Lady Antebellum.
"Tell me have you ever wanted someone, so much it hurts.
Your lips keep tryin' to speak, but you just can't find the words.
Well I had this dream once, I have it in my head."
"She was the purest beauty, but not the common kind.
She had a way about her that made you feel alive.
And for a moment, you made the world stand still.
Yeah, We Owned The Night.
You had me dim the lights, you danced just like a child.
The wine spilled on your dress, and all you did was smile.
Yeah it was perfect, and I hold it in my mind.
Yeah, We Owned The Night."
"Oh yeah!
When the summer rolls around, and the sun starts sinking down I'll still remember you."
"Oh I'll remember you."
"And I wonder where you are. Are you looking at those same stars again."
"Do you remember when, we woke under a blanket all tangled up in skin. Not knowing in that moment, we'd never speak again.
But it was perfect, I never will forget. When we Owned the night. Yeah, We Owned The Night."
"Yeah!"
"Oh oh woah oh oh
Oh oh woah oh oh
Oh oh woah oh oh
Oh oh woah oh oh"

I smiled as people clapped and we walked off the stage. A guy in a suit came up to me, "I'm Stephen Glass." He said. "I'm Scarlett." I replied, shaking his outreached hand. "You have a great voice Scarlett." He said, and I thanked him. "How would you like to sign a deal with me?" He asked. I looked up at him like he'd spoken a different language! "Only me?" I asked. "Well, yes. Your friend is good, but his appearance would sell more than his records would to be honest." He said. "Sorry, actually no, I'm not sorry. I'm not signing with you because of that remark about Evra and because most of the songs I've written have been with Evra. So, no. I will not sign with you." I said, and walked off to find Evra so we could start to head home. "Hey babe, it's almost 3 a.m." I said. "We should probably start getting home." I told him, and took his hand. We said goodbye to the nice people and went on our way to the Cirque. Luckily no one was awake so we weren't asked any questions about where we were or what we'd been doing. Evra and I were so tired, that before we even got completely in his hammock, we were asleep.