Mr. Tall

Back at the Cirque, Evra and I were sitting on the small stage in the middle of the campground and trying out some new lyrics. I was still worried about what Mr. Tall was going to say to Evra, but not as much now that we were focusing on this instead. Evra wrote down the lyrics I'd just sang and then put the pencil down and looked at me. "Maybe he's ok with it." He said. "Mr. Tall, I mean. It's almost 2 hours after the show ended and he hasn't said anything yet." He went on. I nodded but then glanced behind Evra. "Spoke too soon." I said and he sighed, knowing what was coming. Mr. Tall didn't look mad, but he didn't look happy either. He wore the same expression he always did. "I need to speak with both of you." I looked up at him, wondering what he needed me for. Evra stood and helped me up then we followed Mr. Tall to his tent. "What was the meaning of that, Evra?" He asked. "That was me performing how I want to." Evra shot back. "The Cirque is not a musical theatre, Evra." Mr. Tall said in a firm tone. I could tell this wouldn't end well. "But Mr. Crepsley and Liv use music in their act! Why can't I?" Asked Evra. Mr. Tall looked like he'd rather be doing anything else than fighting with Evra. "That music is used to keep calm a deadly spider. Yours is not."
I spoke up then. "But Mr. Tall, the crowd loved Evra's performance! You heard it! They went crazy for him!" I said. "Evra is an extremely talented musician and you should be glad of that!" I told him. "Glad how?" He asked me. "Evra... Isn't just a snake boy! He's a musical snake boy! How many side shows do you know, that have a regular snake boy, let alone one who's a musician!" I said. Before Mr. Tall could answer, Evra spoke again. "Look, just... Let me play my music in a show now and then. Please." Evra said. Mr. Tall sighed and shook his head. "I am sorry, Evra. But I run a side show. Not a concert. Keep your acts professional, both of you." He said. I was confused "Both of us?" I asked. "You write as well. I have seen and heard the both of you practicing. Neither of you are to perform music in the shows." He stated. Then he sent us out. I tried to make Evra feel better, but he was beyond upset. I'd never seen Evra like this and it made me want to help him get his music out there even more. "Don't get into any trouble over this Liv. I'm serious." He told me. "Well what are you gonna do?" I asked him. He shrugged and ran one of his hands through his hair. "I dunno. I guess just find new ways to perform with Bippa until the crowds get bored with me." He said sadly. I linked my arm with his and sighed. "They won't get bored with you, Evra." I said. We were on our tent now and he climbed into his hammock. "We'll see." He said, then rolled over and went to sleep. Leaving me standing in a tense silence.