Alone

After I'd moped around for a week, people began to check on me. Especially Mr. Crepsley, because I wasn't drinking blood like I was supposed to. He brought me a bottle of it today and handed it to me. "You must drink it. You will die if you do not!" He exclaimed. I took the bottle but didn't drink from it, so he took the top off. Maybe hoping the smell would make me thirsty, but it only made me mad. "Look, you gave me the stupid bottle. I'll drink it later. Goodbye." I said. "Drink it now." He told me. I looked at him and my anger grew even more. "Don't tell me what to do!" I snapped at him. He snapped right back, "I am your master and you shall do as I tell you!" I really didn't want to fight with Mr. Crepsley, but I was seriously getting ticked off. "I don't have to do ANYTHING!" I yelled. "WHY CAN'T YOU ALL SEE THAT I JUST WANT TO BE ALONE! I DON'T WANT YOUR SYMPATHY OR YOUR APOLOGIES! I WANT TO BE ALONE!" I yelled. Mr. Crepsley sighed, but nodded and turned to leave. "Wait, Mr. Crepsley!" I called. But he was already gone. I got what I wanted.

The next day I realized that losing one person shouldn't make me push away everyone else. So I took my first steps outside since he left and winced at the sunlight. Corma came to me and hugged me and I actually smiled. (AN: I LOVE BOOK CORMAC AND MOVIE CORMA LIMBS, SO THEY'RE SIBLINGS)
"Hey girl." She said, smiling widely at me. "Hey." I replied squinting in the harsh (to my eyes) sunlight and pulling on my jacket. "How are you feeling?" She asked rubbing my shoulder. "Good." I replied, because it was somewhat true. I was feeling pretty good. "Really?" She asked. I smiled at her worry for me. Ever since joining the Cirque, Corma and Rebecca have been like sisters to me and we're all quite protective of each other. "Really." I said to her. "So what's been happening around here?" I asked. She chuckled and caught me up on the last two weeks. She and Cormac were working on an act together, Mr. Crepsley had gone back to performing by himself (for obvious reasons), Rhamus was working on sword swallowing the entire sword,and Rebecca was preparing to do her first show in the Cirque and coming up with new outfits for everyone so she was a busy monkey girl. I nodded and thought about how much I'd missed because of one person making me feel miserable. "We should do something." I told Corma. She looked at me and then asked if I was sure. "Totally." I said. "I didn't realize how much I missed." I told her."So starting now," I continued, "I've decided that I am officially over Evra Von."