Living in the Cirque

Someone was shaking me. Trying to wake me up.
I groaned and rolled over to see who was going to die this morning and saw my best friend, Evra Von. "Morning sunshine." He said with a smile. I gave him a hand gesture that made him laugh, grab my hand, and pull me out of my hammock. I glared at him and he smiled wider. "You love me." He said. I walked to the curtain we'd hung up and got dressed behind it. I pulled on a black strapless sun dress and twisted my long blue hair into a braid that passed the middle of my back. I never wore shoes around the Cirque unless absolutely necessary (which was usually never) so today I left my shoes in our tent. "So," I said to Evra, "Why are you shaking me awake?" He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we left the tent. The sun hit me and I scowled. I don't know of it's being half vampire or just me, but I was definitely more of a night person. "We have a show tonight." Said Evra. "And Mr. Crepsley wanted me to get you so you two could rehearse for a little bit." He continued. I sighed and grabbed his watch to see what time it was. 8:30 a.m. I looked up at Evra, who I could tell, was just waiting for my explosion at what time it was. "It's only 8:30?" I asked through clenched teeth. He nodded as we sat down at the huge table set up at Rhamus Two-Bellies' tent for breakfast. Rhamus was the best chef I'd ever met and could make anything you could ever ask for. "Morning Rhamus." I said and grabbed a plate. Evra and I usually shared breakfast every morning and this one was no different. He got two cups and filled one with apple juice for me and one with orange juice for him. I hated orange juice. "I still don't understand how though!" Said Evra. This was a continuing subject with Evra and I. I shrugged and took a bite of our pancakes. "I just don't like it! It has a sour taste and I hate the pulp." I said. "Just try it, Liv." He said, using the nickname that only he was allowed to use. My name was Scarlett Olivia (no last name anymore) and Evra, instead of calling me Scar, like almost everyone else in the Cirque, decided he'd call me Liv.
I looked at him and he gave me a puppy dog face. I laughed and shook my head at him. "Ok. Fine. It'd better be good." I told him, while pointing my finger at him. He nodded and handed me his glass. Evra and I were (obviously) super close, so I had no problem sharing with him. I sighed and took a sip of the juice while Evra stared at me. Trying to make me laugh. I took one more sip as he laughed and nodded. "See." He said. "It is good!" He said to me. "Shut up and eat your half!" I replied as he laughed at me. After I finished breakfast I stood, kissed Evra's cheek, and went to find Mr. Crepsley.