11.

Trigga

Everyone watched on in silence as Jahari stood in the middle of what looked like a bloodbath. We all knew better than to utter a single word. His face was contoured in a mug as he observed the scene before him. There were bodies everywhere. All shot in cold blood. No survivors.

Closing his eyes, Jahari took a deep breath before slowly exhaling. It was excruciatingly quiet as we gave him time to calm down. He was pissed and he wanted to kill. One of his spots had been hit.

I looked around and observed the severity of the damage. From the broken-in door to the holes in the wall and to the torn up furniture and bullet holes in the walls. It was obvious these niggas had a plan. It was an in and out mission. They busted in blasting everything in sight. Took everything from the drugs to the guns to the cash. They took everything.

This shit was bad for business. Not only did we take a loss, but this shit was making us look bad. Niggas knew not to even play with us without facing some repercussions. Now niggas were gone think it was okay to start trying us. Whoever did this was some bold motherfuckas.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I focused on Jahari who began to speak. "I wanna know who the fuck did this shit! Bring these motherfuckas to me! Alive!" He ordered.

I nodded my head; he didn't have to tell me twice. It wasn't shit for us to find these niggas, and by us, I meant my crew. It was the four of us. Me, Bentley, Landon, and Vincent.

Out of all of us, Bentley was the pretty boy. This nigga was always dressing flashy no matter the occasion. All he thought about was pussy. Could never stay with one girl because he easily loses interest. He and I were the closest out of all the boys though. As flashy as he was, Bentley was a hitta.

Then there was Landon, the fucking clown of the group. He never took shit serious and was always making jokes. Especially at the wrong times, his ass doesn't care. As goofy as he was, his temper was twice as worse. He was trigger happy and down for whatever.

Then there was Vincent, he was the chill one. He was tech-savvy and loved hacking shit. As low-key and quiet he was, he was deadly. He and Landon were forced to go to an alternative school since he got expelled for hacking the school system. Landon was kicked out for truancy and fighting.

Lastly, there was me. I was the brains of the group and the leader. And I was the shooter. Best believe when I shoot, it was to kill, and I never missed. That's what Jahari admired about me. Yeah, my niggas had a couple of issues but when it was time to get serious, we get the job done. With all of us put together, we're unstoppable and niggas knew they didn't stand a chance.

"How much we getting paid to do this shit?" Landon's outspoken ass blurted. All of our heads snapped in his direction. Now was not the time to be asking for that shit. Landon's ass was worried about the wrong thing. The quicker we get this done, the quicker we can get paid.

"You worried about some fucking money when you should be finding the mothafuckers who did this shit!" Jahari's deep voice boomed throughout the room. Suddenly, as if he caught himself getting out of character, he snapped out of it. And just that fast he was back calm.

"You know what. I ain't gone say this shit twice. Y'all should already know what to do. Cuz there's always another nigga that's hungrier to get the job done." He stated. Making sure to look at me with the last sentence.

I clenched my jaw trying to control my anger. See, Jahari had a roster of niggas working under him. But he had taken me under his wing despite the circumstances of how we first met. That alone pushed me to go hard and prove to him that I should be the one to take over when he leaves the game.