19.

Laurel

Looking into my closet, I tapped my chin as I looked for an outfit. Fresh out of the shower, I stood in my towel contemplating what I wanted to wear. Even though I had went shopping last week, I still couldn't seem to find anything to wear. Tonight was Maya's party and anybody who is anybody was going to be there. Maya was cool with everyone and she always threw the livest parties. She booked a huge Airbnb. So it was a must that Tyler and I go.

"Hmmm, what to wear? What to wear?" I wondered out loud.

"How about this one?"

I jumped not even realizing when Fannie had walked in. "Oh! You scared me," I exhaled with a hand on my chest to calm my heartbeat.
Fannie has been moping around the house since she argued with David who hasn't been home since that night. With me working and going to school, I barely got to see her.

Flashing me an apologetic grin, Fannie held up the orange oversized sweatshirt with a gray font on the front. The more I looked at the shirt the more I liked it. "But what about the bottom? I don't have anything to wear with it." I pouted.

Pushing me aside, Fannie began looking through my clothes. While she did that, I moisturized my body with some good smelling body butter before putting on deodorant. Tyler would be here any minute and I wasn't even close to ready.

"This one." In her hands were some gray biker shorts I had purchased but didn't get a chance to wear yet. The shorts match the font on the shirt. I tilted my head to the side though, unsure if I wanted to wear something short.

"Laurel," Fannie sighed, rolling her eyes. "You have nice long legs. Show em off," she smirked. Sold. Plus it matched my new gray Balenciaga sneakers I had just brought. "You're right," I simpered.

Once I was dressed, I took off my shower cap and the bandana I used to hold my edges down, letting my newly installed curly tresses hang. Tyler wanted to start practicing installing wigs and of course, I let him work on me. I brought a 28-inch deep wave curly wig from a foreign vendor and Tyler made it look like my scalp. The hair had no part but it all went to the side with dramatic baby hairs.

I just added mousse to bring the curls back to life and I was good to go. I decided to go natural tonight, not wanting to overdo it with makeup. It was a house party and I was not trying to be a sweaty mess. Besides, I had my lashes done and that alone made me even prettier. After putting on some lip gloss and earrings I was all set.

"You look good," Fannie complimented. Although she was smiling I could still see she was sad. I sighed seeing right through her front. "Why don't you just call him? I know you miss him." I advised.

Fannie released a long sigh herself. "I don't know. I made him really mad and this is the longest we haven't been in touch."

"Well... you did kind of ask for a divorce," I pointed out quietly.

"I know but I wasn't expecting him to actually agree! I was just so pissed. You should've seen how his boss was all over him. That bitch had no respect knowing I, his wife, was in the very same room. And he just let her get away with it like murder, but the minute I try to knock the bitch upside her head being slick, I'm in the wrong." Fannie teared up.

Although I tried not to, I couldn't help it as a giggle left my mouth. I shook my head. Now David should've known better by now. My aunt wouldn't be her if she didn't address some shit right then and there.