24.

Laurel

I knocked on Tyler's door, waiting for him to answer. I glanced behind me where Trigga's car was still waiting. I stared at the dark tints, seeing nothing but the reflection of the sky. And even though I couldn't see him, something told me we were staring dead at each other.

I turned back around ending our stare off when I heard the locks turning. The door cracked open revealing Tyler. He probably looked at my face for like a second before his eyes darted behind me watching as Trigga's car drove away with a stupid grin on his face.

"Mhm-mhm-mmm," He hummed shaking his head. "Bitch start talking and right now." He opened the door wider, stepping back.

I sighed walking inside. Knowing he was ready to give me the third degree. Any other time I would be ready to indulge in our talks especially when it was about niggas, but I wasn't here for all of that. 

I was just here for my belongings, more so my phone. It was something I had to do. Something I've been thinking about for a few days now.

"What Trigga ass was doing in front of my house? Is that who you been with this whole time? Bitch when was thisss?" He dragged in his dramatic fashion moving his hands.

I couldn't even hold my chuckle in. "Well damn, hello to you too. It's just fuck how I'm doing huh?"

"Now you know I was worried about you," He pulled me into a hug. Wrapping my arms around him, I appreciated his embrace. Through it all, he remained there for me.

"Listen, there's something I have to go do. I promise I will tell you everything later but I really have to go." I told him, getting straight to the point.

Tyler pouted. "You not coming upstairs?" My face remained blank, giving him my answer. "Fine. I should hold yo' shit hostage since bitches wanna be stingy with the tea. Runaway ass," He mumbled heading for the stairs.

"Bitch," I scoffed. I'ma remember that.

When he disappeared, I darted my eyes around. I was a little paranoid. I wasn't trying to run into Faith, or anybody if we being real. I know Faith and my aunt talked and I didn't need her reporting back what I was doing or who I was staying with back to Fannie.

I cursed under my breath seeing Tamir walking out of the kitchen. He strolled out holding a sandwich. He was in mid-bite but paused when his eyes landed on me. "Aye, what up Laurel," he smiled, lifting his chin up in acknowledgment.

"Hey Tamir," I smiled softly, returned the greeting. Tamir was cool. He was the oldest out of the four. Tyler was the middle child but they were the closest.

Just as I thought he was going to keep it moving, he paused again. "Aye, I heard about yo aunt man." He shook his head. "I mean she was always cool but I ain't know she was a real ass nigga too. Fuck crying, she straight taking niggas out."

I shook my head suppressing the urge to laugh. Was I surprised? No. That was just the way Tamir was. As ignorant as he was, you either loved him or hated him.

"Tamir get out her face! Always saying stupid shit." Tyler mumbled coming downstairs. I was relieved to see my purse and phone in his hand. And because I'll be making it out of here without having to bump into his mom.