12.

Laurel

I squirmed under Brian trying my hardest to escape. He only responded by pressing his body against me even harder. My eyes raked the deserted area for help. It was late and people were in bed by now. My only hope was Toya.

"Now I'ma move my hand but bitch if you scream, I'll light yo ass up." The cold steel pressed hard against my lower back caused me to freeze. My back arched, desperately trying to inch away from the gun. It felt like he would pull the trigger at any moment.

Brian removed his hand but kept the gun firmly against my back. I took in a much-needed breathe. Looking into the reflection of the window once more, I could make out the smug look on his face. A part of me getting mad that he was enjoying this.

Roughly gripping my hair and titling my head back, Brian buried his face into the crook of my neck. Inhaling deeply.

I cringed when I felt his mouth next. He latched onto my neck with his sharp teeth causing me to wince. "Sceam, I dare you." He dug the weapon even further into my back making my body tense. I bit my bottom to keep myself from crying out as he sunk his teeth into my skin. He was biting me so hard, I was surprised he didn't break any skin.

"I knew you couldn't stay away." He taunted.

The sound of steps that could be heard in the nearby distance alerted Brian immediately. Inhaling once more, he released me with a shove. Before I could even blink, he was gone. Just that fast.

I was shaking with rage as I stared off into the space where he had disappeared. I could still picture his arrogant face. I never in my life wanted someone so dead before. Every fiber in my being hated him. Different scenarios of him dying played in my head. Each one more violent and painful than the next. I wished he was dead. My life was fine before he came in it.

"Sorry, I took so long. Her number one turned out to be number two. You okay?"

Snapping out of it, I turned to see Toya and Tara coming down the porch. Concern laced all over her face.

Not trusting my voice, I chose to answer non verbally. I gingerly touched the side of my neck that was now tender. I cringed again suddenly feeling disgusted. Just when things were starting to look up, he always came to bring me down.

Trigga

"Y'all niggas better have some good news for me," I said as I stepped to the side, granting them entry. Landon headed straight to the kitchen while Bentley and Vincent got comfortable in the living room. Joining them, I sat down and watched as Vincent plugged in his laptop.

The streets were always talking. In less than 24 hours, Vincent was able to get the names of the niggas who did this. All he needed was a name and he'll have all your information in five minutes. He loved cracking codes and hacking into systems he know he had no business getting into.

That's the thing about Vince, this nigga was so sick with this internet shit. His tracking and hacking skills were unmatched.

"Well don't keep a nigga in suspense. Who the fuck did it?" I spoke out, getting straight to the point. Vincent and Bentley both shared glances so it was obvious they had already done some talking on the way over here. If somebody doesn't start talking, I'ma spazz the fuck out.

Everyone has their vices. For some, it's smoking, gambling, or online shopping. But for me, it was squeezing the trigger. I couldn't describe it. The high I got from gambling with my life but still making it out was like a drug to me.

That knurled grip of the gun fit like a glove in the palm of my hand. All while the pad of my forefinger pressed against the trigger. Whether it was taking a life or simply being in a shootout. The rush, the high, the power it gave me. I was like a feen for that shit.