20.

Laurel

I fled down the stairs in a hurry, passing through crowds of people dancing. I kept pushing, past the kitchen until I found the door for the backyard. I took a deep breath as soon as I was outside. Lord knows it took a lot of willpower for me to say no.

Unlocking my phone, I redialed Tyler's number. This time he answered. "Where is you?" He asked sounding out of breathe.

"Where is you?" I countered. "Thanks for watching the door by the way." 

Tyler groaned. "I knowww. I'm sorry. I was watching the door when Latrell came upstairs and girl you know I had to hide from his ass. Tell me where you at so I can explain the rest."

After telling him to come out by the backyard, we hung up. It didn't take him long to find me and I can tell he was still a little tipsy.

"Ok so. . ." He trailed off. Eyeing my face a little longer. "Bitch was you crying? Them bitches ain't fuck with you, did they? I'll go beat they ass right now!" He yelled belligerently. Letting me know he must've had some Hennessy.

"Chill," I protested grabbing his arm to stop him from going back inside. Knowing him, he would've just started swinging on the first random person he saw.

"That's why I'm out here. When I came out and you weren't there guess who was outside waiting on me." I paused for a dramatic effect. "Trigga." I resumed making Tyler's mouth drop.

"You lyinggg." He dragged.

"Swear to God. He ambushed me. Talking 'bout some he was ready to beat Raaheim's ass for dancing with me. The fucking nerve when he came in with Shaniya." I let out. "Which led to me yelling and cursing his ass the hell out. I don't know what it was but I had to let it out."

I ceased talking as I released a sigh. "But then he apologized. Confessed to being wrong, and admitting to liking me. He even said he was ready to break up with Shaniya and everything, but I just couldn't do it. I can't take his word for it cause he says one thing and does another." I shook my head. By now I was pacing back and forth.

"Damn," Tyler mumbled. For the first time he didn't have shit to say. It took him a while but he eventually responded. "You're doing the right thing. Hoes be quick to fall for that bullshit ass excuse and niggas never leave their girlfriends. Not to say that what Trigga is saying isn't sincere but what I'm saying is play it out." He smirked.

"Time will tell and until he proves that's he's a man of his word until he leaves that bitch, and properly step to you, then you give in. Until then, let his ass sweat. Like Fannie said, niggas love the chase." He finished.

"You're right," I nodded my head, smirking. That was exactly what I planned on doing. And if Trigga showed that he wasn't mature enough to do the right thing then it was on to the next.

"Now back to you. What the hell happened with Latrell?" I questioned. Last I check he had Tyler blocked.

"Okay, so I was waiting on you right, on my phone and shit when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. I looked up and it was Latrell's ass. So I quickly ran into a random room, but luck was not on my damn side cause then the doorknob started jiggling. So I hid in the closet. Literally," He chuckled, clapping his hands.

I rolled my eyes. He could never take shit seriously. "Get to the point," I urged.

"Right. So I'm hiding in the closet and this nigga walks in. Mind you, I had my hand over my mouth and everything so he couldn't hear me breathing. And then yo ass called me," He grumbled, cutting his eyes at me. Making me fall out.