6.

Slightly annoyed, I grabbed the paper as it was being passed to me. The seat behind me was annoyingly empty so there was no one to pass a paper to. By no one, I mean't Trigga.

You know that feeling when you get fine as fuck for school and your crush is absent. You anticipate the moment you're in their presence again only to get disappointed. He made such a big deal about me coming back to class just for his ass not to show up.

Not to say that he's my crush but damn. A bitch was looking forward to seeing him today. Especially since today was just not my day. For one, my mom who hadn't spoken to me in weeks made sure to remind me this morning of our appointment with my father's lawyer to discuss his will. Then every minute someone was stopping me saying they're sorry for my lost. As if I lost a key chain. Then I was called into the principle's office. After sending his condolences he proceeded to let me know if I was to miss one more day of school I could be facing expulsion.

I was just over everything and ready for school to end at this point.

Once the late bell rung, that little bit of hope of Trigga coming in late diminished. Deciding to put that disappointed feeling in the back burner, I tried to focus on the assignment.

I was halfway through the assignment, when the door opened. That's when I felt it. Looking up, my heart fluttered when I locked eyes with Trigga. I felt his presence before he could announce himself. My disappointment quickly disappeared, and excitement bubbled up in my stomach.

Instead of taking his seat, he stood by the door. "Principle need to see Laurel." He said causing me to furrow my eyebrows. Why would the principle be calling me back to his office? My mind began to race wondering what more did he want. I hope I wasn't getting switched out this class. I hated getting comfortable in a class just to be switched out of of nowhere.

Justin shot me a curious glance. "What does he want" he mouthed to me. Shrugging in response, I began to gather my stuff.

"Wait a minute, why he didn't call over the intercom? And why aren't you in class Mr. Crawford? " Ms. Greenwell began giving Travis the third degree.

"The system is down and since I was already in the office they sent me."

"But-

"Aye!" He snapped, cutting her off. "Can we go or what?"

The class was dead silent when a few kids started snickering.

Reluctantly, she nodded her head. I stood up and followed Travis out of the door. The hallways were empty and it was just us two walking. "What the principle want with me?" I asked while adjusting my bag.

"Come on," he ordered instead of answering my question. Raising an eyebrow, I followed as he led the way to the main office. He probably didn't know himself.

Once we made it, Travis walked up to the desk where the student aid was before leaning against it. He didn't even utter a word and her cheeks were burning. She reached under the desk handing him his bag. This time he was sporting a Louis Vuitton book bag.

"And you better not had went through my shit." He said causing the girl laugh. "Boy please!"

I was about to go to the principal's office when Travis grabbed my arm stopping me from doing so. I was confused as he dragged me back out of the office. "Wait didn't Mr. Johnson ask for me?"