27. The Come Up

Trigga

Bundles of coke laid neatly on the table. The white bricks were so pure it resembled snow.
Next to it was stacks of cash. Everything that had been taken was brought back. Jahari nodded as he walked around the table, inspecting his shit.

Both of Choppa's traps had been burned down to the ground. Along with the niggas working for him. All of his weed and pills I took for myself. I planned on flipping the pills and pocketing what I earned from that. Turns out that nigga weed was good for real. Half I added to my own personal stash and the rest I'ma sell.

That's how I got mine. Jahari pays us a decent amount but after splitting that shit four ways, my ass was only left with enough to cover my damn rent.

And with the addition of Laurel, the split was about to decrease even more. So I had to get it by any means. I had a lot of mouths to feed.

"We just sent Choppa a message. It's only a matter of time before his stupid ass sends one back. We need to be ten steps ahead of this nigga. I'm ready to end this shit now," I voiced, already on go. I was sick of this tit for tat game we had going on with Choppa. I know he wanted his lick back but I wasn't sparin' him and I ain't need him to spare me.

"Don't nobody touch Choppa until 𝑰 say so. You let me worry about that nigga." Jahari waved me off. "What I'm worried about... is who gone run this trap now that Rico ass about to be out the picture." He gave me a look.

My brows furrowed. "Me?" I pointed at myself. Making him laugh. Jahari had a roster full of niggas that could flip this shit right now.

"Yeah, you! Stop actin' like I ain't prepare you for this shit. Why you think I kept you so close to me all this time? You know the ins and outs of this shit. You got a solid team behind you. These mu'fuckas 'round here already respect you. And that's cause you earned that shit. Only thing you missing is product and I'm willing to supply that. With this Grade A coke, you'll be making money in yo' fucking sleep lil nigga."

Damn. I found myself grinning. Them sleepless nights of grinding finally paid off. I've been waiting a long ass time for this. And now that it was finally here, this shit felt surreal. I sacrificed my childhood for this.

I remember me and my brother used to go days without eating. Our lights used to get cut off and shit. We'd sit together in the dark. The dark was like a dungeon but even then I'd just sit and imagine my ass living like a king. It would be cold as fuck, but at least we had each other. Our mom was nowhere to be found while we suffered. Now that I was about to be making real money. I vowed to never be that broke again. A nigga rather die first.

"But... with big money comes big responsibility. You ready to push weight at this scale? Manage this much bread? Cause I'm gone want my money rain, sleet, hail, snow. You see how I gotta make an example out of this nigga Rico. Day one or not, 'Ion play about my shit. You gotta think smart, and be logical. Learn how to clean your money. Be on the lookout for nine and the feds. This a whole other ballgame yungin."

I hear what he saying, but like he said, I got this. I wasn't new to this shit, I was true to it. I know how the game goes. More money means more problems. Still, I was built for this shit. I got this far, but I was aiming even further.

Mistaking my quietness for hesitation, Jahari spoke. "Tell you what, handle Rico first, then tell me what you deci-

"Nah, I already know my decision. I'm ready." And that's final.