26.

Hey 🌚 lol 😭 I know it's been a minute

Hey 🌚 lol 😭 I know it's been a minute. And I left y'all hanging. I needed a break, and don't think it was in vain. I needed this break to rest, to heal, to grow, and to perfect my craft.

Then when I started writing again, it was so hard because it had been a while and my mind was blank. I had nothing to write. I was so close to saying fuck this book. But I decided to have patience. I tried and kept trying until I started making progress. I got real excited to update again. So much so that I almost rushed through this chapter just to say I updated but it didn't felt right. I wanted to wait until I perfected every little detail and it was written to my standards.

I just want to say thank you to all of my old readers and the new. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for every read, vote, and comment. The comments motivated me even harder because I love that y'all enjoy my art.

P.S. since it's been so long I advise you guys to reread the last chapter. Specifically the meeting part. I had made a couple of changes. Even when I'm not updating, I'm always rewriting 😉

Laurel

Trigga took a deep pull from the fattest blunt I ever seen before passing it to me. I hesitated a little before taking it from him.

I held the smoke in my mouth and right when I was about to exhale, he stopped me. "Fuck you doin'? Sucking a cigarette? Inhale that shit." He made a face before showing me how.

Well damn. A little embarrassed, I took a longer pull. I inhaled feeling smoke enter my lungs making me cough like crazy. Trigga laughed while patting me on the back. I was too busy coughing up a damn lung to cuss his ass out for laughing. "Damn," I mumbled looking at the blunt while holding it out. I could already feel my eyes lowering.

"Yeaaah, that's that good shit." His ass hollered. I shook my head trying not to smile. After a couple of more tokes, I passed it back to him. It was late at night and we were in his room with the lights dimmed. I looked over at Trigga and didn't know if it was the weed or Brent Faiyaz lowly playing in the background, but suddenly he was looking real good.

He sat up against the headboard smoking. His long legs were stretched out and he was shirtless displaying all of his tattoos. I casually crossed my legs together. Trying to downplay my girl down there thumping.

"You ready for tomorrow?" His tone serious. His gaze on me unwavering. He was staring hard as fuck. Looking for any signs that I was lying. I nodded but his stare told me he didn't believe me.

"You sure? Cause this shit ain't a game Laurel. I'm letting you know right now niggas not gone take it easy on you. They don't give a fuck about you being a girl. If anything, that's gone make em fuck wit you harder cause they'll see it as a weakness. I need to know you goin' in there fully prepared to defend yourself. By all means." He pressed.