"Honey, your staring," Mitchell told me.

I shook my head and blushed. I was caught.

"Hey, don't look away from me. Ever," he said, grabbing my chin to look at him.

Again, he gave me a soft, swift kiss on my lips. I whimpered a bit when he pulled away so quickly.

I looked up at Mitchell's face to see him not looking my way. He was looking behind me. I turned to see three pairs of yellow eyes.

"Mitchell-"

"Sh. Stay behind me and don't say anything," he demanded.

I nodded and got up from the blanket with him. I grabbed his arm and followed him. I don't know why he would want to go towards the yellow eyes things. I started shaking with fear as we got closer.

"Mitchell-"

"Sh! I don't want you hurt," he whispered.

I obeyed and stayed quiet.

"Well, well, well. What do you have there, Mitchell?" A voice behind us asked.

I gasped and turned a bit to see the voice. A man the same height as Mitchell was glaring hard at me. Mitchell pushed me behind him, the yellow eyed things were now behind me.

"What do you want, Raul?" Mitchell asked the man.

"Oh, nothing. Just came into town to see what my old pal was doing. Look here, you found your mate." Mate? What-

"Leave. You have no business being in my area," Mitchell growled.

The man laughed and came towards us. Mitchell gripped my arm and pinned me to him.

"What? I'm not going to hurt her," the man, Raul said.

Suddenly, I was being torn away from Mitchell's grip. Something pushed me pack and I fell on my backside. Mitchell yelled my name, but his voice sounded distant. I looked up to see a big, black, beast. It looked like....a wolf.

I tried scooting away from it, but the two other ones were surrounding me. Tears welled up in my eyes and I tried to look for Mitchell, but I couldn't see him.

"Tell me what you want!" I heard Mitchell yell.

"You know what I want. My fifty grand!" the man yelled.

I didn't pay attention to the next part. I tried to go through the gap between the beasts. But one grabbed my ankle and bit hard. I screamed so loudly from the pain. The beast didn't even let go, he still had my ankle in his mouth. Oh gosh, it was going to kill me!

"Leave her be!" I heard Mitchell yell.

"Nah. Kill her guys."

I leg kicked me in my face and I saw stars. The bones in my ankle shattered and I screamed again. I was turned to my side and a bite went to my arm. One beast had my legs, one had my arm, and the other dealt with my face.

"Hold it!" I heard.

The beasts stopped torturing me, but didn't get off. One of them hovered over my stomach to keep me still.

A loud growl ripped through the air. I looked to see a grayish-blackish wolf standing near me. I gasped. Another one to torture me.

I saw it leap over me and the weight of the beast left my body. The other beasts went to attack the gray wolf. I whimpered as the poor thing was getting ganged up.

My vision was getting blurry and the last thing I saw was a shadow beside me.

***

The taste of the rogues' blood was awful. I spit out a mouthful as I turned back to my human form.

I looked back to see my Vanessa laying unconscious on the ground. I picked her up and I looked around. No Raul. Dammit! The little coward left.

I gently placed Vanessa in the car and quickly drove to the hospital.

They treated her, but I couldn't see her since I wasn't a family member.

Sometime after midnight, the nurse told me that I could see her.

Vanessa had a cast on her leg, on her arm, and around her head. I sighed and took her good hand in mine. I kissed it and swallowed.

She's going to be asking a lot of questions.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for the nice people who followed me. This is dedicated to this lovely person who gave me the amazing cover photo :) thanks for all the nice comments. I'm not a genius so I can't make my chapters really long. Sorry. Um, I've been depressed this whole week so no mean comments. Please. Don't make this even harder for me. Anybody else who wants to make a cover for me, please go do it and send it. I'd appreciate it. And hopefully the music goes along, give me options if you'd like.

For this chap, ten comments and up?

<3 Lesley

~All Rights Reserved~