Chapter 7

Garretts POV~

"What would you like." The lunch lady asks me in a thick voice. I look at Seth.

"What would you like?" I ask him and he looks at the options.

"Just a salad." He mumbles.

"Hell have a hamburger and ill take one as well." He says.

"But I didn't say that."

" He also wants that."  I point a what looked like red jello but it was coated in something like sugar.

"Garrett I don't want that!" Seth complains as I take our trays from the lunch lady.

"Where do I pay?" I ask looking at Seth.

"This is America, most lunchs are free, mine is free and since you're a exchange student im sure yours is too." Seth explains.

"Free food?" I furrow my eyebrows and he laughs.

"Its technically not free, some one somewhere pays for it, but not us."

"Hmph." I take our trays to an empty table and sit down. Seth sits across from me taking his tray studying it.

"Why did you get me all this food?" He looks up at me from his tray.

"Free food." I grin and take a bite out of my hamburger and chew slowly at the weird taste.  "Fake food." I shake my head but that another bite of my hamburger. Seth laughs taking a bite of his own hamburger.

"Yeah, its America." He says taking a drink of the milk that he had picked up. "So Garrett when are you going back home?"

"To Germany?" I ask then take another bite of the hamburger.

"Of course." He says poking at the jello with his fork.

"At the end of the year." I say and he drops his fork. I look at him confused as hes staring at his fork.

"The end of this year?" He asks in a whisper.

"Yeah." I tilt my head watching Seth.

"Oh." He stays then stands. "We should dump our trays the bell will ring soon." He picks up his tray and walks to a trash can dumping his food into it then placing the tray in a window. I sigh and stand copying him.

~Time Skip~

Seth POV~

I say my goodbyes to Garrett as we split ways going to our buses. I quickly get on the bus and sit behind the driver. It takes about three minutes for all of the students to board my bus and sit down. I patiently wait since im the first student on the bus. My bus driver starts the bus and pulls out. I stare at the floor frowning. The end of the year, that was so far away yet so close. What was I supposed to do after he leaves? Just hope someone else that's nice and cute to talk to me? Pft, yeah  thats not likely to happen. Against my will tears fill my eyes. I had just met the guy, what was I doing. Im so stupid. I sit up straight looking out the windshield. There was only one thing to do, remain friends with Garrett. Only friends. It was for the best.