V2 Prologue: The Future

Start from the beginning

"Ah... but didn't they send a group to [Miridia]?" Worry appears in her voice. She wanted to try and reduce the casualties as much as possible.

"Haha, yeah, don't worry about that! I believe that a certain someone said that she'll also going to [Miridia] today. She'll most likely stop by the [Dungeon Field] and train there before proceeding to the town. Those bird guys have the worst stroke of luck, heading to the same place she is on the exact same day." A smile appears on the tomboy's face, imagining what was going to happen when the two forces make contact.

"Hey~ we're done over here!" A voice calls out from behind.

"Is that so? Then we'll get going to the next town." The tomboy replies.

"Let's get going. I want to finish this as fast as possible." She says to the short girl, who nods and follows the tomboy as she begins dashing to their next destination at high speed.
------
In between the towns of [Miridia] and [Dimford], was a mountain range known as the [Philerin Mountains]. It had a reputation of having extremely harsh winds, no creature or machine can fly through. It was a known [Dungeon Field] called the [Philerin Mountain Pass], which was labelled as an [S-Ranked] [Dungeon Field]. It was a place that was near impossible to traverse for citizens and merchants. Often, [S-Ranked] adventurers are hired as escorts to enter through.

The bird men were confident in their abilities though, because they were supposed to be [Immortal Tier] monsters. Albeit, only [D-Rank], they were still superior to [S-Ranked] monsters in the [Mortal Tier]. They proceed to enter through the passing with their entire army. They were also no exception when it came to traveling through the skies of the [Philerin Mountains], so they were forced to proceed by foot.

Surprisingly, when they entered through the entrance, they found many figures sprawled all over the area in the narrow pass. They were the monsters that were supposed to be inhabiting the area, turned into a field of corpses. The cause of death varied completely, which can be seen by the different wounds each of them had. Some had burn marks, while others were cleaved into pieces. They weren't able to see the person who did this, but the scene caused them to become wary of their surroundings as they enter the pass.

"General, I don't think this is a good idea. We should head to [Munlit City] instead." One of the soldiers speak out. The group was having their doubts, because these monsters had strength equivalent to four of their footmen, yet they all became a part of a massacre that took place here.

"What's there to be afraid of? Whatever caused this scene is no match for our soldiers! They most likely didn't get out of this unscathed, so there's nothing to fear! Who knows, they may have left after this hunt, and even if they didn't, we can easily defeat them while they're weakened! We shall proceed forward, and continue our conquest!" The leader's speech brought the morale of the troops back up, and they all cheered as he lead them into the pass.

This is a decision he regretted when he reached the center of the pass. They didn't encounter any monsters through the passing, but upon traversing halfway through it, a heavy aura filled the area. The smell of death was amplified, the anxious feelings in their hearts grew, and area around them seemed to redden slightly. Everything around them seems to have gone silent, none of the bird men making even the slightest movement. Even the wind didn't make any sound, the entire area in complete silence.

"...new monsters?" A beautiful, pure voice breaks the silence, resounding through the mountain pass.

The voice came from above, and the gazes of every soldier turn to the source. On a small ledge up about 50 meters up the mountain, sat a girl looking down at them, legs swinging in the air. She stands up, and looks down at the large group from the ledge. She stood as tall as the average young male, around 170 centimeters, but had a figure rivaling a top idol. Her hair was let out, running past her waist near the knees. It had strange coloring; from the roots, her hair was light blue, and as it ran down her back, it lightened up to a silver.