Epilogue 1

Seven Years Later

Isaac's POV

I stare up at my old house. I see Melissa's van in the driveway. I take a deep breath and I knock on the door. I hear Melissa yell "I'm coming!"

She opens the door and stares at me. A smile appears on her lips and tears start to form in her eyes. I mentally roll my eyes at how emotional she gets over little thing. Mel wraps her arms around my neck, pulling me into a warm hug.

"I've missed you," She says.

"I've missed you too," I say, placing a kiss to the top of her head. She slowly pulls back and wipes her eyes.

"Come on, get in, it's freezing out there," She tells me and I step inside the house that I grew up in. Melissa closes the door gently. She walks into the kitchen and I follow her.

I remember this house inch by inch. It feels like I never even left.

"Where is everyone?" I ask as I sit down at the breakfast bar. Melissa pours me a cup of coffee.

"Lydia called me yesterday," Melissa smiles, "Everything's going great with her and Stiles. Did you hear that they bought a small apartment together?" I shake my head no.

"Allison has her own apartment too," She continues, "She's dating this guy Josh, but I don't think it's serious."

"What about Scott?" I casually ask.

"You better get going Isaac," Melissa said and pushed Scott and I out of the house. "You don't want to not make it on time."

"My classes start Monday Mel," I laughed, "I won't be late." She rolled her eyes and shooed us away anyways.

Scott walked me down to my car. He sighed and I looked up at him.

"What's wrong," I asked, arching a brow.

Scott grabbed my hands and intertwined our fingers. His thumb rubbed the tops of my hands. "I want you to have fun in Iowa," He murmured, "I don't want to hold you down."

"What are you talking about?" I asked. He smiled faintly.

"I'm letting you go," He said. I shook my head.

"Scott–"

"And when you come back," He said, moving closer to me, "I'll be here waiting for you." I wanted to protest but he cut me off with his lips. He caressed my face as his lips moved slowly against mine.

He pulled away and leaned his forehead against mine. "I love you, don't forget that, Baby."

I return from my memories when I hear Melissa speak.

"He's been dating this guy named Alec," She tells me as she hands me my cup of coffee. "But I can tell."

"You can tell what?" I ask. I take a sip of the hot brown liquid. I wince at the sting the coffee leaves on my tongue.

"That he's not happy," She sighs and leans on the counter top. "Because Alec isn't you." I nearly choke on my drink. How did she know about us? Oh, the day I left. We basically kissed right in front of her face. Shit.

"I'm sure that's not the reason," I say. Melissa shrugs.

"Scott still loves you, you know?"

"He does?"

"Asks about you every day when he calls," She smiles warmly. "He knows that I call you all the time." I laugh and grin.

"I need to see him," I tell her. She nods and walks over to the fridge. She pulls off a piece of paper that was under a magnet and hands it to me. It was an address.