Chapter Forty Eight: A friendly bet

" It's not going to be the same when you move out." Shay frowns putting down her book.

" I know. I will miss living with a girl." I laugh putting my books back in my book bag.

" We still have a few weeks and it's not like we are not going to see each other. Right?"

" Right. We will be friends for life." I smile as I start to pack a bag to take over Finn's.

  "Come by the pool hall later. You can watch me kick Finn's brothers butt." I smile grabbing my keys.

  "I will see what Brandon has planned." She nods sending him a text.

  "Well text me." I say grabbing for the door.

  "I told you I would pick you up, love." Finn surprises me when I open the door.

  "I know but I also know your family is leaving tomorrow. I didn't want to bother you."

" Do you have everything you need, love?Did you finish everything you needed to?" He says grabbing my bag from me.

" Yes, I  was able to submit three of the four papers that are due next week. The fourth one I need to get with my partner to put together our notes. I am good though. I just have to worry about clinic hours. " I  explain as we walk to his car.

" How are the girls?" I ask once we are in his car. " Good they wanted Aunt Riley of course, but they settled for me." He shakes his head pulling out of the parking lot.

" We can drop your stuff off at the house and then head over to the hotel. My parents made reservations for dinner."

" Do you think they like my family?" I ask thinking about the first time I met them.

" My ma loves your ma I know that already. My da thinks your brothers are great. Our brothers get along well. I would say it has been a successful visit."

I love how positive he is so reassuring no questioning whether or not it is going to work out.

    " Good. I hate to say it but I am going to miss everyone when they leave tomorrow."

" Me too, but just think in 11 weeks everyone will be back here along with our extended family. That is going to be something." He shakes his head.

" I wish my dad was here. I have to figure out who is going to walk me down the isle." I let our a long sigh and look out the window.

" Have you asked your ma?" He says as we pull into the drive way. "No, I don't want to upset her."

"What about Caleb?"

" I thought about him but I didn't want to hurt Jacob's feeling since he is the oldest. I over think things I know." I sigh looking at the smile on his face.

  " You do, but that is one of the many things that I love about you. Ask Caleb. Jacob will understand."

" I'll think about it."

" I am going to run your stuff inside." He says grabbing the bag from the back seat.

   I watch him run up the porch stairs and admire his the way his ass looks in his jeans. I think these may be my favorite pair yet.