Chapter Four: 1st Dates

" Hi Riley." Brandon says sitting down next to me in Peterson's calc class. " Hey Brandon. Are you ready for this?" I ask pulling out my notes. " I think today may be our best class yet." He smiles. "Oh?" I ask looking at him. "Well I already have the best seat in the class." He says smoothly. " Awe aren't you sweet." I smile even though in my head I am laughing. I mean is he for real?

   I hear Ashley's voice in my head telling me to put myself out there. Hell even Finn's words are floating through my head telling me to be more sure of myself. Brandon is really sweet. It couldn't hurt to give him a chance.

  " So what do you think?" He asks looking at me hopeful. "Um I'm sorry I totally spaced for a moment. I didn't have time to grab coffee this morning." I say feeling embarrassed. " Oh well I just wanted to see if you would like to go out tonight?" He blushes. 
I want to say no but I am putting myself out there. "Sure. What do you want to do?" I ask watching his face light up. " I thought I could take you to dinner." The words stumble out. He seems nervous. I have never had a guy be nervous around me.

"Perfect. A girls got to eat. What time should I be ready?" I say trying to be excited. " I can pick you up around 7. If that works for you." He starts to relax.  "Okay." I nod.

   I give him my phone number and tell him my dorm number at the end of class.

    " See you tonight Riley." Brandon smiles as he walks by me.

"Tonight?" Ashley's eyes are about to pop out of her head. " Yes, he is taking me to dinner." I shake my head. " I am listening to a wise woman who told me to put myself out there. " I sigh.  " She sounds like a smart woman." She laughs.

" So it's a no go with Finn though?" She frowns. " Nope we have agreed to be platonic friends." I shrug. " I told you he wasn't into me. I will text you later." I wave running towards my next class.

   Two hours later I meet Ashley in the cafeteria to grab lunch before my next class.

   " I am starving." She says piling her tray with a variety of different foods. " You may not want to spend your food budget in one sitting." I tease her as I grab a sandwich and put it on my tray.

   "Your funny." She rolls her eyes as she slides her student id through the register.  " I have my moments." I smile sliding my id next.

   " Logan's got a table for us." She squeals bouncing towards Logan.  I reluctantly follow her over to the table and sit across from them.

    " Hey Riley." Conner says walking over to the table. " Mother fucker." I mutter looking up.
"I uh just wanted to talk to you about
something." He hesitates but he has a slight smile on his face which makes me curious.

"Okay so talk." I say opening my sandwich. "Can we talk in private?" He asks looking at Logan and Ashley.

"Nope if you want to talk this is your chance." I say taking a bite of my sandwich.
"I just wanted to let you know I started dating someone. I didn't want you to get upset if you seen us together." He finally spits out.

"That's fantastic. So when I start to see someone should I tell you too?" I ask with a smug grin.
He just stares at me." Sure." He finally manages to say.
"Great tell Brandon I can't wait for tonight." I smile taking another bite of my sandwich.  "Brandon? You're fucking seeing Brandon?" He hisses.
"No we aren't fucking, but he is taking me to dinner." I smile.
"You really are a bitch." He growls.

" Hey watch it. I wouldn't talk to her like that you wouldn't want her to embarrass you again." Finn smiles walking up.

   " Man what ever." Conner stomps off.