Chapter Three: Friends?

"Riley are you mad? I swear we didn't know you would be there. The pool hall was boring and when we drove by I saw the open mic night sign. We thought it would be entertaining." Ashley says as she runs in front of me stopping me from walking any further.

  "I'm not mad just embarrassed." I finally admit.

   "Embarrassed? You were freaking awesome! You awed the crowd speechless! You made them cry." She smiles beaming with pride.

   Logan and Finn stand back while Ashley and I talk.

   "I really thought I bombed after that last song." I laugh having Ashley's excitement rub off on me.

   "You were amazing. People were crying. Did you write those songs?" She asks grabbing my arm.
    "Yes." I blush. "I knew you were freaking awesome but come on!" She jumps up and down.
   "Logan did you know that my best friend is freaking amazing?" Ashley giggles looking at Logan who looks about as uncomfortable as I feel.

   "Where are you going now?" She asks looking at me.
   "My car." I smile.
    "We were going to get dinner. Why don't you come with us?" She smiles. "I'll buy." She offers . "Fine." I smile giving in.

   "I'm riding with her then." Finn smiles following me to my car.

   "Okay follow us to the Melody." Ashley yells across the parking lot.

   "What?" I ask as Finn stares at me once we are in my car. "Nothing, that was pretty amazing miss Quinn. Who knew ." He smiles shaking his head.

   "It's just a hobby. It's not a big deal." I shrug pulling behind Logan's jeep.

   "What Logan does is a hobby. I mean he is good and all but you well shit people were crying." He shakes his head.

  "Can we not talk about it anymore?" I wrinkle my nose.

  "Okay. Should we talk about your right hook? Or the way you talk in your sleep?" He laughs.

  "I do not. Did I?" My face flushes red.
"I'm teasing love. You need to relax." He smiles touching my arm.

  Again with the tingles. What the hell is that? Am I a 15 yr old school girl. I scold myself.

   "I am trying." I say forcing myself to relax.
   "You should wear green more often." He smiles looking me over again.

"What did I say about the creeper vibe."
I remind him as I pull into the parking lot next to Logan's jeep.

  "Who's hungry?" Logan smile jumping out of his jeep.

   I follow behind them into the packed restaurant. Apparently Logan is a regular here. We get seated right away and the waitress already brings a round of drinks for the table.

   "I'm starving." Ashley says looking at her menu.

   "Hey Riley Quinn. Twice in the same day. It must be my lucky day."Brandon says walking up to our table.
    "Hi Brandon." I smile surprised to see him.
  "Oh um Brandon this is my best friend Ashley, her boyfriend Logan and Finn. Everyone this is Brandon." I quickly introduce everyone. The guys nod at Brandon and he does the same to them.

   "Well I will see you in class tomorrow." He smiles heading back to his table that consisted of half of his fraternity house.

   "Someone likes you." Ashley teases.

   "Isn't he a jock?" Logan scoffs looking over the menu.
   "I guess so. I just met him today." I mumble looking down at the menu.