Chapter Twenty Six: Road Trip

"Are you ready? Do you have everything?" Ashley asks me for the fourth time. "Yes, everything. Are you ready?" I ask as we finish loading my Focus.

" Call me when you get there." Logan tells Ashley as they say good bye.

"Call me if you need anything, love. Be careful and call me when you get there or if you get lonely." Finn smiles as he wraps his arms around me.

"I will I promise." I say as I pull him down to kiss me. " Love you!" I say jumping in my car. "Love you too." He smiles taking a step back next to Logan.

We wave as we pull out of the parking lot. We have 6 hours of drive time ahead of us.

" Thanks for coming with me Ash. I didn't want to do this alone."

"Like I would let you do this alone?! Besides being able to see my sisters and have my moms home cooking is a huge bonus." She smiles connecting her phone to the sync on my car. " Road trip music!" She giggles as a boy band starts to play on the radio.

" Did you really invite Finn home for Thanksgiving?" She asks turning the radio down.

" Caleb kind of did I just agreed that it would be nice." I laugh shaking my head.

" Logan is a little upset with me that I didn't invite him before you invited Finn since I have been with him longer. He is such a girl sometimes." She giggles. " Well did you invite him?"

" I have to see if my mom will let me you know how she is. She would like me to wait to date until I am out of college."

" Eh yeah things change couldn't hurt to ask. It could be fun. The four of us can go exploring our old hang outs and show the guys around." I shrug as I pull onto the expressway.

" You can help me convince her. She listens to you more than she listens to me."

"Deal." I agree and she turns the radio back up. She proceeds to sing along to every song on her play list until she finally passes out around the four hour mark.

A gas station break and a much needed bathroom break I start to see exit signs. Ashley is still snoring away. I am starting to get anxious. Even though I have called my mom almost every day this week seeing her in a wheel chair is going to hard.

"Ashley we are home." I nudge her until finally I clap my hands in her face. " We are home." I smile when she opens her eyes. " Really that was quick." She says stretching.

" Do you need help carrying your stuff over to your house?" I ask hopeful as I put off going into my own. " Yes please. I know my mom is dying to see you anyways." She gives me that I know what you are doing look as she gets out of the car.

"Hi Mrs.Stephens." I smile as she grabs and hugs me when I walk in their door. "It's so good to see you. How are you doing? Have you been home yet?" She starts asking as soon as she releases me from her tight hug.

"Hi mom, gee I am glad you missed me." Ashley frowns. "Oh get over here." Mrs. Stephens says hugging Ashley.

"Do you want me to go with you?" Ashley says grabbing my arms. " No I can do this." I sigh.

"She looks great hon, honest. She is in good spirits and your brothers have been just wonderful." Mrs. Stephens says as her eyes start to tear up.

"Thank you so much for all f your help. My mom said you have been a blessing." I say looking at the floor. If she cries I am going to lose it.

"What ever you need." Her voice starts to crack and she mumbles something before walking into the kitchen.

"I am going to go. I will call you tomorrow morning." I say giving Ashley a hug. " Call me if you need anything." I nod and begin my walk next door.