Chapter Twenty Nine: You're Invited

"You guys looked cozy." Ashley smiles handing me a bottle of water. "We we definitely in a better place." I blush thinking about last night.
   "I am definitely going to take that as you guys are in a VERY good place." She giggles as we
slide our ID cards.

   "Hey beautiful." Logan smiles kissing Ashley as she sits down next to him.

  "Hi, love." Finn smiles wrapping his arms around me as he sits down next to me.

  "Are you coming tonight?" Logan asks me.
"Yes of course." I smile watching his face relax.
"Good." He smiles.

  "Riley Quinn?" A tall skinny red haired guy asks walking up to me.
   "Yes?" I ask as he hands me an envelope.
  "Weird." Ashley says as he walks away.

  "What is it?" Ashley says grabbing the envelope. "Ashley." I laugh snatching it back.

I open it and it's an invitation to a Halloween party. "Well that's random." I say throwing down the invitation on the table.

"Are you kidding me?! Do you know what this is?" Ashley squeals.
   "An invitation?" I laugh.
  "Not just an invitation but an invitation to the most exclusive party of the year. Who invited you?" She asks flipping the card over.

   "Can you bring guests?" She continues to look. "Oh you can! We have to go." She smiles.
   "We don't even know who invited me." I laugh grabbing the invitation and putting it in my bag.
   "I have class." I say kissing Finn. "I'll see you guys tonight.
   "Ready study buddy?" I ask Sebastian who walks up holding an invitation like mine.
  "You got one too?" Ashley pouts.
  "I guess." He shrugs slipping the envelope in his bag.

"You got one too?" He asks as we walk across campus. "Yep, not sure why." I shrug.
"Do you know who invited you?" I ask him.
"No do you?" He asks grabbing the invite.
"I'm not Miss Social, if it wasn't for you getting invited too I would think it was a prank." I laugh.

  "You're not as invisible as you think." He laughs as he shakes his head.
  " Right." I say rolling my eyes as we take our seats.

  "Believe what you want but when you walk in the room people do notice." He blushes.
  "Well yeah I am usually with one of you handsome little fuckers. " I wink which causes him to chuckle.

  "Little fuckers. " He repeats amused.

     Classes are brutally long for some reason today. When I am released from my last class I can't get to my dorm room fast enough.

   "So are we going?" Ashley's says as she walks up to me. "To the dorms yes, yes that's where we are headed." I laugh.
"To the exclusive party?!" She pouts.

  "I don't know. I would feel better if I knew who invited me." I say opening our building door. "Sebastian can bring guests too." I remind her and watch her face light up.

  "I'll see you in a bit." She waves running off to her room.

   "Hey stranger." I smile when I see Shay sitting on her bed.
   "I know it's been horrible huh?" She giggles.
  "You spending time with a guy that actually cares? So horrible. "I tease.

  "How are you doing? I haven't had a chance to catch up with you about your mom." She says putting her book down.

  "Today her appointment went well. The doctor thinks that the surgery will release some pressure on her nerves." I say the words out loud trying to convince myself.

  "That's really promising." Shay smiles.
"What's this I hear you are going to be hanging out with our rival this weekend?" She changes the subject when she sees my face sadden.

"Ashley has a big mouth." I giggle. "Yes Gage my um ex will be here Friday. Its a friendly visit. He promised." I laugh. "Did you tell him that you have friends that are going to kick their butts this weekend." She laughs.
"I did mention that. I can't turn my back on Brandon or Denny." I say in my most competitive voice.

  "Practice tonight?" She asks as I start to change. "Yep. I'm trying to convince them to do a Halloween song." I laugh pulling on a tank top.
  "They have to. It's Halloween weekend." She agrees.
  "Speaking of which." I grab the invite out of my bag and hand it to her.

  "Oh my God! "She says sounding like Ashley.
"This is huge! Your going right? Tell me your going?" She says jumping off the bed.

"I'm a little leery on why I was invited?" I shrug freshening up my make up.

"This is uber exclusive." She say standing behind me looking at me in the mirror.
"See people keep saying that and all I hear are warning bells saying someone is going to pull a Carrie moment. I don't want to wear pigs blood." I laugh grabbing the invite back.

"Paranoid much." She laughs as she slips on her shoes.
"Think about it and if you need a guest to bring. Ahem I know someone." She laughs grabbing her coat.

  "Have fun." I  laugh as she leaves to meet Brandon. I definitely want an invite to their wedding if not maid of honor status since I hooked them up. I think as I pin up my hair.

  "Come in." I say when I hear a knock at the door.
  "Are you ready, love?" Finn smiles as he walks in the room.
"Almost. Just trying to pin this last section." I mumble with the clip in my mouth. "There."