Sixty Nine

Joe and Demi turned to one another smiling slightly as they held tighter onto one another's hand, they saw it coming if they were being honest. Over the past week or so they could see Demi was getting slightly bloated, Denise had told them it was the same for her when she was pregnant with Joe and Josh. It only got them more excited.

"We saw it coming, I've been slightly bloated and Joe is a twin himself." Demi explained but couldn't help but smile more as the screen was turned to their direction.

"Identical?" Lucie questioned Joe nodding his head.

"My mom remembered the pregnancy with us and predicted that we were having twins, we're not her only boys, I have three other brothers so she'd kind of an expert." Joe laughed slightly.

"Poor mom," Lucie laughed slightly. "Anyway they look a good size, I know you can't see much yet but there's still time. I'll go collect some pictures for you while you get changed." Lucie left the room as Demi swung her legs over the bed leaning down kissing Joe gently before standing up straight, Joe smiled letting go of her hand as she wondered over to the screen where she got changed back into her clothes. Just as she finished Lucie came back with the pictures.

"Thanks." Demi stated as she put the pictures in her bag.

"No problem, I'll see you in a month for your twelve week scan. Stay safe." They all said goodbye before they left. Demi booked her appointment before they both left hand in hand wondering through the halls of the hospital.

"We're going to have one excited little girl." Demi grinned.

"You have one excited husband." Joe answered making Demi laugh as she leaned her head on his arm but continued to watch where they were walking.

"I'm glad I could make you excited." Demi approved.

"Two babies?!" Kaia exclaimed making her parents laugh as they nodded at their daughter who was clearly excited about the thought of having two babies. They knew she would think different when they started crying when they arrived or smelt their dirty diapers but she would have best friends and play mates for the rest of their lives.

"You know how daddy and Uncle Josh were born on the same day?" Demi questioned Kaia nodding her head. "So will the babies in here."

"Brother and sister?" They laughed again Joe bringing her onto his lap.

"We don't know yet princess, it could be or your could have two brothers or two sisters." Joe explained kissing the top of her head.

"I'm going to be the bestest big sister!" They both smiled as Kaia ran off telling them that she was going to make mommy a drink. Kaia would be three in a month's time, she was growing up quickly, it didn't seem so bad now they have their twins on the way.

"I should go help her." Joe stated Demi nodding her head but smiled as he leaned down kissing her lips gently before entering the kitchen. She switched the TV only then noticing that her hand was on her unformed bump, she smiled again rubbing it gently. She couldn't wait to meet her children, it was an exciting thought when they had been waiting for this for so long. She would never put the blame on Joe, it wasn't his fault he was forced into a wheelchair for an uncertain amount of time. When she looked at him she still found it hard to believe he had been in a chair for so long. Demi only looked up when the doorbell echoed through the house.

"I'll get it!" Demi shouted through into the kitchen. She left the TV on but got up making her way over to the door opening it up, she looked at the person slightly shocked but she shook it off when she realised she was crying. "Bethany what's wrong?"