Forty Three

It had been a couple of days since Joe and Demi met up with Jesse and Bethany and they had got in touch again for them to meet up. It could be a while until the decision was final but they had plenty of time until the baby came and it gave them time to get to know one another. Joe and Demi were desperate for this and didn't want to get so close for them not to pick them. Joe and Demi had invited them over to their house to see where they would be raising they son or daughter, Denise was looking after Woody again so they wouldn't be disturbed.

"Come in." Demi greeted holding the door open for them to enter which they did. They hung their jackets up and slipped their shoes off before Demi led them into the living room where Joe was sat on the couch flicking through the channels but switched it off when he noticed them greeting them as they sat down. Demi fetched them some drinks before she settled down too.

"It's a nice house." Bethany praised.

"Joe is an accountant and I own a bakery so we have a decent sum of money coming in every month. We always wanted a family so we got a three bedroom house when we got married." Demi explained smiling as Joe took hold of her hand.

"What's an accountant?" Jesse inquired making them laugh slightly.

"Math Jesse, that's all you need to know for your mind to be taken away from the idea of becoming one." Bethany teased.

"Yeah math isn't my best subject." Jesse chuckled slightly.

"It was always my best but I was a nerd." Joe shrugged his shoulders.

"Are these your brothers?" Bethany inquired as her attention came to a family photo that was taken not long ago.

"Yeah and my mom, I'm the middle child." Joe explained.

"You weren't lying when you said you had a twin, he looks exactly like you." Jesse stated Joe nodding his head in agreement.

"We used to pretend to be one another at school when we had a supply teacher." Joe laughed slightly as did they. Demi held back a little bit letting Joe getting to know them a little bit more, she was proud of him for speaking to them as much as he was. He wasn't a confident person and she was glad he was opening up to them.

Jesse and Bethany are having a tour of the house, Demi showing them around and where their baby would grow up, where their room would be and so on. Joe stayed downstairs not wanting to get into his chair just for a little bit, he'd have to go in the chair lift to go upstairs and it was just time consuming. He tried to stay downstairs when he got up for the day.

"This is our bedroom and the baby's would be this one." Demi showed them opening the door to the spare room opposite thiers, they had a another room but that was already a spare room.

"So this is where the magic happens." Jesse grinned getting a smack from Bethany.

"Nothing happens in here but sleeping, we can't have kids of our own remember?" Demi stated shutting the door to what would be the baby's room.

"You mean you two have never had sex?" Demi shook her head.

"I met Joe when he was already in his chair, he's paralyzed from the waist down so we can't do that kinda stuff." Demi explained.

"You don't have to explain yourself to him Demi, he's just immature." Bethany stated.

"Surely you've gone to a bar yourself for some pleasure?" Jesse inquired but Demi shook her head starting to get a bit aggravated by him.

"I would never cheat on my husband, I love him." Demi urged.

"I don't believe you."He stated Demi having to take in a deep breath to stop her anger from showing. She didn't want to risk them losing this baby.